Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-04-2021, 12:40 PM   #1
Boppe05
Boppe05 began at the beginning.

Device: Bokeen Saga
Calibre 5.31.1 does not recognize my Boken Saga

Hello, I'm on macOS Monterey 12.0.1 using Calibre 5.31.1 and a Bokeen Saga. It will not show up when I plug it into my computer. In fact, it won't even show up in Finder. Any ideas what I can do about this? I have no clue. See the attached rtf log file from Calibre.
Attached Files
File Type: rtf Bookeen Saga.rtf (301.4 KB, 143 views)
Boppe05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 02:29 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
It has to show to the computer first before calibre even has a chance.
Make sure that the reader isn't connecting Charge Only and you need to change that to: File Transfer (or MTP as a lessor choice)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2021, 02:33 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
A quick look at your log file seems to show that your Mac is not recognizing the Bookeen Saga as a connected USB device which matches up with what you wrote. Basically, if your computer can not see the eReader, neither can calibre.

Have you tried a different USB cable? Using a USB 2.0 hub between your Mac and Bookeen Saga? Does the Bookeen Saga connect to a different computer? Does the charging LED illuminate when connected to the Mac?
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 06:26 PM   #4
Boppe05
Boppe05 began at the beginning.

Device: Bokeen Saga
OK, so I went through my inventory of four USB Micro cables and two USB hubs. The fault was in the cable I used initially, in fact only one of the four cables I tried worked as it should. Cheap USB cables - you get what you pay for I guess. At least, Calibre, my computer and my e-reader are able to communicate again.

Anyway, thanks for the help, @theducks and @BNSB
Boppe05 is offline   Reply With Quote