Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-08-2021, 01:16 AM   #1
RudeBoyEEEE
RudeBoyEEEE began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab S5e (ReadEra Premium)
Calibre: Amazon-bought Genki textbooks open with tiny pages

Just what the title says. When I open the AZW3, it shows the attached pictures. Same thing when I convert it to EPUB. What can I do to fix this? I'm using the Kindle app on PC, version 1.17.1, and I have the DeDRM plugin in Calibre. Here are the pictures.

Thanks in advance!
RudeBoyEEEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 11:01 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This will be a fixed layout book, it's not supported in calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2021, 06:46 PM   #3
ownedbycats
Wizard
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (retired), Kobo Libra H2O
I am curious: Are there any good ePub readers that do support fixed-layout?
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 07:02 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Forma, Kobo Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, iPad Pro, Tolino
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I am curious: Are there any good ePub readers that do support fixed-layout?
Kepub format on a Kobo ereader does a good job of FLO epub3 ebooks.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 10:08 PM   #5
jhowell
Wizard
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Fire, iPad Air 2, Nexus 7
I took a look at the free sample of that book. It is coded using Amazon's fixed layout comic format. Each page is a JPEG image linked from an HTML file.

I don't know why it shows those tiny pages for you. I see full sized pages in calibre's viewer.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2021, 10:49 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Your best bet is to use the unpack book tool inc alibre, extract all the comic pages and zip them up into a cbz file.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 11:08 PM   #7
Foozle
Foozle began at the beginning.

Device: None
Tiny Pages Fix

In the styles.css file, delete the everything is 0 line. Margin:0, text:0, etc. Delete that line. Or if it's multiple lines, delete all "0" lines.
Foozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 01:56 AM   #8
RudeBoyEEEE
RudeBoyEEEE began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab S5e (ReadEra Premium)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foozle View Post
In the styles.css file, delete the everything is 0 line. Margin:0, text:0, etc. Delete that line. Or if it's multiple lines, delete all "0" lines.
If anyone else has this problem, take this guy's advice--it worked!
RudeBoyEEEE is offline   Reply With Quote