Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-12-2021, 08:45 AM   #16
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 1,2,3, Kindle DX, Onyx M96, Onyx i86 Plus, Onyx Boox Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
We're all waiting with bated breath for your review.

If I will still have the nerves after connecting and configuring all the stuff maybe yes ...
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 06:29 PM   #17
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I got the Mira today. It is a nice device for productive work.

The software is a little rough and it in fact doesn't work on a real AMDGPU (like the Ryzen 3750U). The graphics work with USB-C on a Radeon 6900XT. So the problems are probably only present for onboard AMDGPU graphics.

The mouse cursor is not that fast as I am used to with an LCD monitor. Still, it is enjoyable to have such a device for 'working' and reading.

The Mira Pro is still not available so we'll see about that. I suspect it works the same way, just a little bit 'bigger'.

And I will see if it works with an AMDGPU. Maybe I even find the time to debug the AMDGPU issue on Linux. ;-)
Old 12-03-2021, 07:09 PM   #18
joblack
Wizard

Some addendums

Working with that eink monitor is just another feeling. The picture is very stable and even with the enabled front light very comfortable.

Reading some news or information website is much more fun and smoothing for the eyes. I am very curious how that will work with the Mira Pro.

Tags
onyx boox mira