Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-01-2021, 02:55 AM   #1
sanon
sanon knows the complete value of PI to the endsanon knows the complete value of PI to the endsanon knows the complete value of PI to the endsanon knows the complete value of PI to the endsanon knows the complete value of PI to the endsanon knows the complete value of PI to the endsanon knows the complete value of PI to the endsanon knows the complete value of PI to the endsanon knows the complete value of PI to the endsanon knows the complete value of PI to the endsanon knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: none
Calibre's UI font is messed up

I don't know how but I've managed to do this:
https://imgur.com/a/2b6eI7E

Any help to correct it will be appreciated. Thanks...

System:
Win 10 Home
Calibre 64bit 5.32.0

[image attached just in case]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	qClHM6k.jpeg
Views:	190
Size:	589.2 KB
ID:	190575  

Last edited by pdurrant; 12-01-2021 at 04:29 AM.
sanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 04:30 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
That really is most impressive. Hopefully someone with an idea of how to fix it will be along soon.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 05:24 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Try adjust these:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-12-01 212055.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	190577

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 06:56 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
BR said it

BUT why are the details still good????
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 11:45 AM   #5
sanon
sanon knows the complete value of PI to the endsanon knows the complete value of PI to the endsanon knows the complete value of PI to the endsanon knows the complete value of PI to the endsanon knows the complete value of PI to the endsanon knows the complete value of PI to the endsanon knows the complete value of PI to the endsanon knows the complete value of PI to the endsanon knows the complete value of PI to the endsanon knows the complete value of PI to the endsanon knows the complete value of PI to the end

I've managed to fix it. I think the font I've been using was broken. I've reinstalled it and the problem disappeared. Thanks...
Old 12-01-2021, 10:45 PM   #6
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Reminds me of mojibake, though if I'm remembering correctly that tends to be incorrect character encoding rather than messed-up fonts.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 10:57 PM   #7
sanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Reminds me of mojibake, though if I'm remembering correctly that tends to be incorrect character encoding rather than messed-up fonts.
@ownedbycats
Do you remember how that one was solved? I am asking because if I ever experience this again other solutions might come in handy too...
Old 12-02-2021, 12:02 AM   #8
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
IIRC, mojibake was mostly in browsers. Sometimes it happened if you manually set the wrong encoding (I don't know if any modern browser lets you do this anymore) or if the wrong one was sent in the HTTP header.

There was also an email client (Eudora?) that sometimes set the wrong encoding.

Nothing that I think could help for it happening in Calibre.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 12-02-2021 at 12:09 AM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 03:43 PM   #9
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Ha!
Eudora, like original Wordstar, didn't do International AT ALL, though Wordstar was worse being only 7 bit ASCII.

I switched from Eudora to something else in 2003 or 2004 and Thunderbird in 2005, I've still archived emails, imported from Eudora originally, since at least 2002.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 08:36 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Ha!
Eudora, like original Wordstar, didn't do International AT ALL, though Wordstar was worse being only 7 bit ASCII.

I switched from Eudora to something else in 2003 or 2004 and Thunderbird in 2005, I've still archived emails, imported from Eudora originally, since at least 2002.
Look at Pandora.I imported 20 years of Eudora, including Accounts, filters.
Not as slick looking, but it does UTF8
Old 12-03-2021, 05:31 AM   #11
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Look at Pandora.I imported 20 years of Eudora, including Accounts, filters.
Not as slick looking, but it does UTF8
It's only Windows.
I was able to use the SAME Thunderbird files on Windows & Linux dual boot (with Windowss exe and Linux install) for years before moving 100% to Linux only in 2017.

I don't care for slick, esp so called "modern GUIs". Mozilla really messed up Thunderbird & Firefox. A recent Thunderbird update was especially ghastly but I was able to edit the CSS to differentiate mail folders.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 10:05 AM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
It's only Windows.
I was able to use the SAME Thunderbird files on Windows & Linux dual boot (with Windowss exe and Linux install) for years before moving 100% to Linux only in 2017.

I don't care for slick, esp so called "modern GUIs". Mozilla really messed up Thunderbird & Firefox. A recent Thunderbird update was especially ghastly but I was able to edit the CSS to differentiate mail folders.
My slick comment was about Pandoras icons being cruder (IMHO) than the original (PAID 2.0-7.1) .
I tried Thundora when it first appeared and I could never get it to import everything (I had, and still have, multiple accounts, filters...)