Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-01-2021, 11:15 PM   #1
sanon
sanon knows the complete value of PI to the endsanon knows the complete value of PI to the endsanon knows the complete value of PI to the endsanon knows the complete value of PI to the endsanon knows the complete value of PI to the endsanon knows the complete value of PI to the endsanon knows the complete value of PI to the endsanon knows the complete value of PI to the endsanon knows the complete value of PI to the endsanon knows the complete value of PI to the endsanon knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: none
How to activate text alignment options for non-Amazon books in Kindle?

Hi everyone,

The text alignment options for non-Amazon books, documents etc. are inactive by my Kindle Paperwhite (7th gen.).
In Calibre, is there a way to activate these options? I know one can change the alignment of a text via the editor but still, sometimes I need both of the options selectable in Kindle. Thanks in advance...
sanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 11:43 PM   #2
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
As far as I know/remember the only way to switch from justified to ragged right, and vice versa, is by editing the css.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 05:11 AM   #3
svenlind
Fanatic
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Kobo Sage and Libra 2,Ipad mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobnail View Post
As far as I know/remember the only way to switch from justified to ragged right, and vice versa, is by editing the css.
I prefer ragged right or left align. The simplest way to get this is to specify it in the conversion options:

Convert books>Look and Feel>Text>Text Justification>Left align

You can do an epub to epub conversion to achieve this. Or a conversion between any other formats.
svenlind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 10:40 AM   #4
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
In order to be able to switch between justified and ragged right on the Kindle the book must have Enhanced Typesetting ([KFX format).

You con convert to KFX using the KFX Output plugin.

Last edited by jhowell; 12-02-2021 at 10:47 AM.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 12:04 PM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Can it be enabled by simply removing the text-align property on the body (and maybe first paragraph body texts) in the CSS?

I'm sure I've seen mobi and epubs where you can change the user justification on the actual Kindle or Kobo. The older kindles don't even support KFX.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote