Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-28-2021, 06:19 PM   #1
fabriciosantana
fabriciosantana began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Kindle deletes cover if online

Hi there!

I noticed that, sometimes, right after I have sent a book from Calibre to my Paperwhite, if the device happens to be connected to the internet, the cover will get deleted, but if it happens to be offline, then the cover will remain intact.

Whenever the cover gets deleted, all I have to do is plug the device in again and use the "update metadata" option in Calibre, and it will get restored. (But, of course, will get deleted again next time the device gets connected to the internet)

Is there a way to prevent the cover from ever getting deleted?
fabriciosantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 06:53 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
See the calibre FAQ: Covers for books I send to my e-ink Kindle show up momentarily and then are replaced by a generic cover?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabriciosantana View Post
Is there a way to prevent the cover from ever getting deleted?
Not if you go online.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 07:38 PM   #3
fabriciosantana
fabriciosantana began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I feared so haha. Alright, then. Thanks!
fabriciosantana is offline   Reply With Quote