Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 09-21-2021, 08:27 PM   #1
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Forum Questions

Hi,

A couple of questions about the forum.

1. I understand that there are anti-spam measures implemented in the forum, but I am now up to having to complete 7 Captcha's before I can submit my post. Is this normal?

2. Why are some of my posts immediately submitted and visible, and other posts require a moderator to approve? Do the various sub-forums have different permissions?

Thank you.
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 08:33 AM   #2
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
That's odd, I've never had captchas when posting

Last edited by 4691mls; 09-22-2021 at 01:10 PM. Reason: typo
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 10:21 AM   #3
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
I wonder if it has to do with posting multiple times in a short amount of time?
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 10:58 AM   #4
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Captchas: The fluke you mention seems to crop up if you haven’t selected “Stay signed in” or “Remember me” (I can’t remember which it is) when you sign in, but sign in every time you visit. Stay signed in and you shouldn’t see that again.

Posts going into auto-moderation: The factors vary, but include location, number of posts, rapid posting as Desk mentioned and whether or not links are included. It’s an anti-spam measure. In your case it’s possible it’s also related to the signing in every time factor. You have enough posts that you shouldn’t trigger auto-moderation anymore.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 02:52 PM   #5
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Captchas: The fluke you mention seems to crop up if you haven’t selected “Stay signed in” or “Remember me” (I can’t remember which it is) when you sign in, but sign in every time you visit. Stay signed in and you shouldn’t see that again.

Posts going into auto-moderation: The factors vary, but include location, number of posts, rapid posting as Desk mentioned and whether or not links are included. It’s an anti-spam measure. In your case it’s possible it’s also related to the signing in every time factor. You have enough posts that you shouldn’t trigger auto-moderation anymore.
Thanks, but I "stay signed in". I don't sign in every time

And in this post I had 4 captcha. And if I am not quick enough to post, because of making a small correction to the text, it expires and needs to be redone. (about 20 seconds) so another 3 captchas

I wonder if this will be sent to moderation.
Old 09-23-2021, 05:22 AM   #6
Karellen
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post

You have enough posts that you shouldn’t trigger auto-moderation anymore.
I posted here... https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=328220
and it went into moderation.

(And still getting all these captchas)
Old 09-23-2021, 07:59 AM   #7
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
I posted here... https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=328220
and it went into moderation.

(And still getting all these captchas)
There’s no reason you should be getting captchas or having posts put in auto-moderation. Could you try a different browser? Are you accessing MR via app?
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 10:05 AM   #8
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I also wonder if logging out of MobileRead and deleting any cookies associated with MobileRead might help.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote