Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 03-13-2010, 12:47 PM   #1
PodPeople
Connoisseur
PodPeople doesn't litterPodPeople doesn't litter

Device: Nook Simple Touch, iPad 3, Kindle 4B
Convert ePub to txt for better functionality

I've been playing around with my Libre and have determined that I really don't like reading books in the ePub format. I can't change the font to the system font I have selected, I don't like line breaks between paragraphs, I don't like not being able to turn off text justification, search for words in a book, or use the buttons on the lower right side of the Libre to turn pages. I have found that if I convert books from ePub to plain text using Stanza I can fix all of these limitations. I can use either the Libre's serif or sans serif font, paragraphs are indented without line breaks, text alignment can be justified or not, the word search function is activated, and all of the page turning buttons work. Of course I lose pictures and special formating, but this is worth it to me because the overall functionality is much better.
PodPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:56 PM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

Although this won't solve all your ePub woes, using Calibre to reformat an ePub can make a lot of difference. See the photos below. You still won't have a search function though, but I think you can change the font via Calibre, although I've never attempted to do so.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	libre-01.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	427.5 KB
ID:	48040   Click image for larger version

Name:	libre-epub.jpg
Views:	459
Size:	277.5 KB
ID:	48041  

Last edited by jswinden; 03-14-2010 at 01:59 PM.
Advert