Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-19-2013, 10:17 AM   #1
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
5.4.2 has arrived with Goodreads integration

5.4.2 for Paperwhite 2 only
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:21 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Thanks - sounds like a worthwhile upgrade:

Quote:
Kindle FreeTime

FreeTime lets you create personalized profiles for kids, and give them access to titles from your collection of books. Kids can keep track of their personal reading progress and earn achievement badges. To learn more, go to Kindle FreeTime.

Goodreads on Kindle

Connect with the world's largest community for readers from your Kindle Paperwhite. See what your friends are reading, share notes, and rate the books you read. To learn more, go to Find and Share Books with Goodreads on Kindle.

Cloud Collections

Use Cloud Collections to organize titles in custom categories and store your collections in the Cloud. To learn more, go to Organize Your Content with Cloud Collections.

HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2013, 10:24 AM   #3
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Thanks
You're welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
- sounds like a worthwhile upgrade:
It does indeed. I have downloaded it and am upgrading right now. I am wondering whether the GR integration will really work on my PW2, my Kindle is registered under my German address right now.

Edit : Nope, no GR. Kindle Free Time is there though.

Last edited by aceflor; 11-19-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:30 AM   #4
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
Bah that sucks. Why not PW1?
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:31 AM   #5
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Nice I'll upgrade when I get home.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2013, 10:36 AM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoro View Post
Because it's so last year
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #7
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Woah, they really overdid it with the Software Update screen. The text is HUGE on here compared to my K3.

Excited about the Cloud Collections and Goodreads integration.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:53 AM   #8
aceflor
Wizard

Switching to my US account gave me my GR integration (nicely done btw). But can anyone help me with the Cloud Collections ? What exactly is new here ? I don't get it, I can't see any difference in the handling of the Collections. Anyone ? Jessica ?

Last edited by aceflor; 11-19-2013 at 10:56 AM.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #9
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoro View Post
I am going to assume the PW1 and older Fires will get updated because the description for the Cloud Collections state you can sync collections between all devices except the kindle for pc. So they must plan on updating your device in order for the new functionality to work between the devices. Once again, this is an ASSUMPTION on my part.

Now I need to figure out how this new collections thing works and where is the goodreads. UGH, gonna have to read a manual.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:56 AM   #10
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
The collections sync now apparently.

And oh wow, they have newer covers. Not sure if I like them.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:59 AM   #11
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
You're welcome

Edit : Nope, no GR. Kindle Free Time is there though.
Have you restarted the device? Mine wasn't there until I restarted it.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #12
shemsha
Connoisseur
shemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: none
Any idea why I don't see the goodreads icon?
According to the Amazon page, it should be available to international customers registered to an Amazon.com account.
shemsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #13
aceflor
Wizard

Re PW1 : I am sure an upgrade will come with some (if not all) PW2 goodies, but I don't see it coming before Xmas, or maybe it will arrive on the 24th as a Xmas present from Amazon but not earlier as to not impair their Xmas sales.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:01 AM   #14
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
The collections sync now apparently.

And oh wow, they have newer covers. Not sure if I like them.
I haven't looked at them yet, I am trying to figure out the best way to get my collections onto my PW without having to manually put all the books on it and create the collections. Dang, of course they will exclude the one device where I have all my collections stored.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:01 AM   #15
aceflor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
Have you restarted the device? Mine wasn't there until I restarted it.
It was not there on my German account, but appeared as soon as I switched to my US account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shemsha View Post
Any idea why I don't see the goodreads icon?
According to the Amazon page, it should be available to international customers registered to an Amazon.com account.
You need to restart the device, it will appear.