Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-03-2014, 06:58 PM   #391
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sds910 View Post
*It seems that the Aura HD can still SEE the wifi network; but when one attempts to connect manually, it asks for the password that it seems to have forgotten about temporarily -- and then cannot connect. Upon reboot, the connection is made instantly. Using WPA2 authentication.
I believe what is happening in this circumstance is that when the attempt to connect to a known network fails, the device scans for other networks and lists them. If you select the known network, the device prompts for the password. I have seen this when something goes wrong in my network. I get to this point, cancel and fix the problem and then the reconnect happens without prompting.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:49 PM   #392
sds910
sds910 began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Ares
Sounds like a reasonable explanation of why THAT occurs... But that, sadly, leaves us no closer to a diagnosis. Incidentally, I wonder if those reporting lessened battery life under the latest firmware are experiencing that issue due to automatic syncs failing and eating power...?
sds910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2014, 10:22 PM   #393
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Sounds like a reasonable explanation of why THAT occurs... But that, sadly, leaves us no closer to a diagnosis.
Yes, it explains one annoyance but not the real problem
Quote:
Incidentally, I wonder if those reporting lessened battery life under the latest firmware are experiencing that issue due to automatic syncs failing and eating power...?
Yes, I suspect so. I normally have WiFi and the auto sync on. I have looked at the device in the morning and it hadn't synced but the battery had dropped more than I expected. It has happened just enough to wonder but not enough to draw conclusions.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:01 AM   #394
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Wild guess here.

As I said before I randomly get the error about connecting to routers once, twice or three times at most and then my AuraHD reconnects without trouble. I just have to keep trying...

Every time it fails, I briefly get the Wi-fi icon in the upper tool bar with no signal level (I mean all the lines of the icon are grey) while the AuraHD is attempting to connect.

My wild guess is that kobo devices are expecting an extremely quick connection with the router. If something takes a bit more time, or some more attempts, because of whatever reason, (maybe in the router itself), kobo devices are really impatient...

(Although, I cannot understand why on the very first connection after a reboot, they are not).

Last edited by arspr; 01-04-2014 at 06:08 AM.
arspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 06:48 AM   #395
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
Product: Kobo Mini
Firmware: 3.1.1
Plugins: Joel's kepub
File types:sideloaded kepubs
Sideloaded or from Kobobooks: No
On external SD: No
Steps to reproduce: click on a footnote or a reference to a table or to a figure, and you go there. however, there is no longer any way to go back where you were, while in previous firmware this was possible.
Current result:
Workaround: None that I know of

Am I missing something?
Added to Uncofirmed for now

I have some random and not reproducible problems with "Previous location", I've gotten used to save a bookmark before jumping to some place. I really miss a more general, browser-like "back" button, as Kindle one.
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2014, 07:33 AM   #396
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
Added to Uncofirmed for now

I have some random and not reproducible problems with "Previous location", I've gotten used to save a bookmark before jumping to some place. I really miss a more general, browser-like "back" button, as Kindle one.
Thanks Luca - actually I have the same problem also for sideloaded epubs. Since navigation works normally for other devices with this firmware, it might have to do with the fact that 3.1.1 is not supposed to work with the Mini.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:38 PM   #397
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Sounds like a reasonable explanation of why THAT occurs... But that, sadly, leaves us no closer to a diagnosis. Incidentally, I wonder if those reporting lessened battery life under the latest firmware are experiencing that issue due to automatic syncs failing and eating power...?
I always have wifi and auto sync turned off. I made sure it was still off when I was experiencing battery drain. One of my first thoughts was that it had somehow gotten turned on again, but it hadn't. Anyway, the battery drain problem went away when I did a factory reset and upgraded directly to 3.1.1 without going through the intermediate FW versions.
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:57 PM   #398
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Product: Kobo Glo
Plugins: none
File types: EPUB
Sideloaded or from Kobobooks: sideloaded
On external SD: no
Steps to reproduce:
  1. From the Library view, search your library for something that will pull up multiple hits. (I used an author.)
  2. Long-press one of the books in the search until the pop-up menu comes up.
  3. Select "remove" to delete the chosen book from the reader.
Current result: The book is deleted, but the search list is not updated.
Workaround: Manually refreshing the list (tap the back-arrow at top left, then repeat the search with the same query) will show the correct selection, minus the deleted book.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:56 PM   #399
ableeker
Enthusiast
ableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
@sds910: it works for our Kobo's, normally assigned IP addresses don't work at all after it has gone to sleep, but statically assigned addresses work every time. Some routers are set up not to allow new IP addresses, you could check if that's the case and switch that off it's the case.
ableeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:58 AM   #400
chief84
chief84 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chief84 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chief84 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura
Unable to download kepub files from the calibre content server

Product: Kobo Aura
File types: All
Sideloaded or from Kobobooks: sideloaded
Steps to reproduce:
Access to the calibre content server by the Kobo web browser.
Press one of the links to download the books on the device.
If the link is to an epub files it works (at least for the first download), otherwise (eg kepub files) the pop-up to confirm the download doesn't appear, or appears but linking to a file previously downloaded.
chief84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:33 AM   #401
chief84
chief84 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chief84 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chief84 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura
Back button in "advanced" font customization menu not working

Product: Kobo Aura
File types: All
Sideloaded or from Kobobooks:
Steps to reproduce:
The "Back" button in "advanced" font customization menu doesn't work.
chief84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 12:01 AM   #402
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief84 View Post
Unable to download kepub files from the calibre content server
[...]
Steps to reproduce:
Access to the calibre content server by the Kobo web browser.
Press one of the links to download the books on the device.
If the link is to an epub files it works (at least for the first download), otherwise (eg kepub files) the pop-up to confirm the download doesn't appear, or appears but linking to a file previously downloaded.
Is this a Kobo bug, or a Calibre/plugin bug?
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 12:41 AM   #403
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

I don't think it is either. Strictly, Kobo don't supports sideloading kepubs. So, downloading them via the browser is unlikely to be supported.

But, the filename presented might be the problem. The file name seems to be "{title} - {author}_{index}.{format}". For kepubs, the format is "kepub". If this can be changed so that it is "kepub.epub" it might work. I'll have a little play.

Edit: I put a kepub on a web server. When it's name ended with ".kepub.epub", it was downloaded to the device and added as a kepub. I'll have a look at the calibre code, but that's an area that I don't usually look at.

Last edited by davidfor; 01-13-2014 at 12:59 AM.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:47 AM   #404
sds910
sds910 began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Ares
@ableeker. No. As I said, the so-called "workaround" does NOT work here. I'm a System Administrator with 20 years of experience and know how to set up static IP addresses in a router. That simply has no effect on the problem whatsoever.
sds910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:34 AM   #405
ableeker
Enthusiast
ableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
@sds 910 It works for me, and a number of other users, maybe yours is another issue? Our router is a Fritz!box 7360, if I let it assign the same IP-address to our Kobo's, both the Glo, and the Aura HD reconnect successfully every single time, and if I don't use fixed IP-addresses, they fail to reconnect every single time. What router do you use?
ableeker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pocket app