Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-03-2009, 08:10 PM   #1
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Stephen King.

I am looking for a particular book by Stephen King called 'Rose Madder'.
Went into Google, and it would appear that Torrents have it, but I do not want to download from them.

Does anyone have it, and who could tell me where it's available?

Cheers
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:14 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
It's not available as a commercial ebook.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2009, 10:36 PM   #3
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
It's not available as a commercial ebook.
...which is unfortunate, since I think it's one of his better books.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:41 AM   #4
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Curses!!! Foiled again.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:05 AM   #5
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohmi2 View Post
Curses!!! Foiled again.
Don't let it upset YOU. Get it any way you can and let it upset THEM.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2009, 01:33 AM   #6
nohmi2
Pensively observing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Don't let it upset YOU. Get it any way you can and let it upset THEM.
..............and I'm keeping that thought.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:29 PM   #7
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohmi2 View Post
I am looking for a particular book by Stephen King called 'Rose Madder'.
Went into Google, and it would appear that Torrents have it, but I do not want to download from them.

Does anyone have it, and who could tell me where it's available?

Cheers
Not exactly what you're looking for but Audible.com has it in audio book form. The recording is quite good.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:38 PM   #8
nohmi2
Pensively observing.

For awhile I'll keep on hunting. If not, then I will get the audible one.

The hunt is also good fun.

Cheers
Old 04-08-2009, 08:13 PM   #9
Mrgauth
Addict
Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3
You want to read a good book, get Heart Shaped Box by Stephen King's son. I am loooooooooving it. Great modern ghost story, incredible writing and characters, and thrills, scares, and creepiness. I find him a much better writer than his dad personally. Sadly, he only has two books out. Can't wait for more.
Mrgauth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:57 AM   #10
nohmi2
Pensively observing.

Thanks, I'll keep my eye out for it.

Cheers.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:47 AM   #11
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgauth;[URL="javascript:void(0)"
422749[/url]]You want to read a good book, get Heart Shaped Box by Stephen King's son. I am loooooooooving it. Great modern ghost story, incredible writing and characters, and thrills, scares, and creepiness. I find him a much better writer than his dad personally. Sadly, he only has two books out. Can't wait for more.
What Author name is he writing under? is it Joe Hill?
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:00 AM   #12
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
What Author name is he writing under? is it Joe Hill?
Yep..
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:23 AM   #13
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I read it (actually I listened to it on audiobook). I had no idea that was King's son! It was pretty creepy.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:03 AM   #14
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgauth;
You want to read a good book, get Heart Shaped Box by Stephen King's son. I am loooooooooving it. Great modern ghost story, incredible writing and characters, and thrills, scares, and creepiness. I find him a much better writer than his dad personally. Sadly, he only has two books out. Can't wait for more.
Got a copy of this & have just finished it. - You are right! what a creepy black story, could not put it down. Had I been given this to read blind, I would after not many pages, suspected it came from the pen of SK himself, but with his early days hat on, well before he started seeing Lobstrosities etc. coming out of the walls.

Great work Joe, I thoroughly enjoyed it & can't wait to read more.
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:44 PM   #15
mgrunk
Zealot
mgrunk has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
I'll put that on my list - I did like Duma Key a lot - the characters were deeper, the creepiness was creeper.
mgrunk is offline   Reply With Quote