Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 10-28-2010, 09:06 AM   #1
jpig
jpig began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Anyone fancy doing Athens News?

New to this forum and calibre. Loving it so far and am about to start gettng my hands dirty with it.

Looking for a recipe for Athens News (http://www.athensnews.gr/). Have no idea where to start as they don't have an RSS feed.

Anyone want to help?
jpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:51 PM   #2
TonytheBookworm
Addict
TonytheBookworm is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle 2, kindle 3, Kindle fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpig View Post
New to this forum and calibre. Loving it so far and am about to start gettng my hands dirty with it.

Looking for a recipe for Athens News (http://www.athensnews.gr/). Have no idea where to start as they don't have an RSS feed.

Anyone want to help?
you wanna use parse_index and make_links. Search the built in recipes and/or the sticky for examples of how to use it. field and stream recipe uses it. and a few others I have done. you also have multiple pages which you could take and set recursion = 1 and then have it follow specific links using match_regex (sciencenews.recipe uses that)

look at what i mentioned and then post your coded effort and if i get time I might look at it and help you more good luck.
TonytheBookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2010, 10:32 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, jpig
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote