Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-06-2010, 02:42 PM   #1
hols57
hols57
hols57 began at the beginning.

Device: sony 300packed up -thanks,Sony!) Kindle
Are there any special deals or freebies for UK?

I'm a new Sony PRS300 owner and want to know if there are any special deals available for UK residents? It's frustrating to see freebies and special offers that are only available to US or Canadian residents.

It would appear that we are lagging behind the US as usual, and books from Waterstone's for example are terribly overpriced. Looks like the market needs to become more competitive before people start buying Readers. Project Gutenburg is great, but I want modern stuff too!
hols57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:36 PM   #2
daveconifer
Zealot
daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by hols57 View Post
I'm a new Sony PRS300 owner and want to know if there are any special deals available for UK residents? It's frustrating to see freebies and special offers that are only available to US or Canadian residents.

It would appear that we are lagging behind the US as usual, and books from Waterstone's for example are terribly overpriced. Looks like the market needs to become more competitive before people start buying Readers. Project Gutenburg is great, but I want modern stuff too!
All my stuff is free to everybody until next Friday. Modern, but obscure!
daveconifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:37 PM   #3
rwillmer
luzme.com
rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, iPhone, iPad
Don't assume just because stores like Kobo, CyberRead, etc are in the US that you *can't* buy from them if you're a UK resident.

I'm in Scotland, and I've bought from Powells, Diesel, CyberRead, Fictionwise (and probably some others) over the last year.

So you can take advantage of CyberRead's 25% discount code and Kobo's 20% code, as long the book you want is available to us over here.

I do agree it is *very* annoying though when you see an offer like Terry Pratchett's Unseen Academicals available as a freebie from Kobo, but not from the UK - grrr....

If I find any UK deals, I'll be sure to mention them here, as well as on the deals page at ebookprice.

Cheers
Rachel
rwillmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:33 PM   #4
Paudor
Paudor began at the beginning.

Device: none
Exclamation freebies for UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by hols57 View Post

hi there visit my site www.paudor.ws and subscribe for daily freebies - there are a lot for UK already Enjoy
Paudor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:14 PM   #5
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Hi hols57,

I don't think there are any border restrictions over at Smashwords. And my novel, Boomerang, which in its original paperback form and under the title Close Enough for Government Work, sold very nicely in the UK, can be had for half price when you use coupon code CC73Z. Just ninety-nine cents US.

See the link in my signature.

Is the snow gone yet?

Alan
plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:55 PM   #6
Direct Ebooks
Hibernian eBook Warrior
Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony Reader
Hi Hols57.

All our eBooks are available in the UK and we run regular special offers, so keep an eye out here and on the site - www.directebooks.com.

Have fun with your new reader and let me know if you need any help.

Gareth
Direct Ebooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:18 PM   #7
hols57
hols57
hols57 began at the beginning.

Device: sony 300packed up -thanks,Sony!) Kindle
Thanks for the replies, everyone! Yes the snow is gone, finally! It looks like you need to keep searching for deals and offers, but I guess that's all part of the fun!
hols57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:00 AM   #8
ChrisDolley
Author
ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: none
All our books at Book View Cafe are downloadable DRM-free worldwide at the same price. Same goes for Smashwords.

Book View cafe is an author co-op of 30+ pro authors (Hugo and Nebula award winners and bestselling writers like Ursula Le Guin, Vonda McIntyre, Katherine Kerr etc)
ChrisDolley is offline   Reply With Quote