Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Netronix

Notices

Old 12-01-2006, 05:05 PM   #46
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
I just tried to get their .stk maker software...but all I could get was the eRead3 software...did anyone actually manage to get that STK book creator software from their website or is it all contained in the eread3.0 package???
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 03:38 AM   #47
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
I sent an email to the STAReBOOK guys asking for a review device...now waiting for a reply...let's see what it will be...

My guess would be "no reply at all" but I've been wrong before...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 11:39 AM   #48
Beaters
Beaters began at the beginning.

Device: Motorola v360
re: STK-101

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmeister0
I like the appearance of this once.

Then I got to this last line. Come on, people. HTML!
I'd prefer PDF myself, or at least plaint text compatibility.

Seems like Sony & others would have wised up about proprietary formats by now.
Beaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:29 PM   #49
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Wow, you'd think with all of the e-Ink clones coming out, the price would start to drop (esp. for more cheaply made devices coming out of China). I seriously do not think that they'll see a phenominal launch trying to ask for more than a well-known company such as $ony was for essentially the same device. Those image comparisons were too much, I can't belive they did that! Who needs all of that other jazz on an eReader, i mean come on, my paperback/hardback doesn't need to calculate, play MP3's, warm my pants for me (j/k) so why should it's replacement when the initial draw is to simply replace the paper and bulk of the item?

Here's another question, does the e-Ink technology cost so much that all vendors need to charge so much and offer essentially the same sized screens? How much more would it cost to create a screen that is 30% larger? I don't see too much on the IC side, except maybe a few more to "help flip the pixels," but nothing to really inflate the price too much. Perhaps some company will eventually (think near-term future here, or hope) concede to our requests and eventually offer a full PDF-sized device that is in a reasonable/approachable sub-$300 price range. If they do, and the size/battery life/ruggedness/capabilities fit, I think this would blow all the others out of the water (or at least force them to adapt). Think of the paper saved on all of those soon-to-be-dated tech manuals, computer books, and out-dated medical refernce journals! <-- JMHO
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:56 PM   #50
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Aside from iRex, which has its own e-ink factory (which seems to be serving only iRex's requirements), everybody is buying e-ink from a single source: PVI. As far as I know, they're the only ones currently licensed by E-Ink Inc. to make the stuff.

Part of the high prices on e-ink devices is likely the still limited manufacturing capacity. But I suspect that part of it also stems from the fact that (unless you're iRex) you can only get the stuff from one place.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:43 PM   #51
ThomasMc
Disgusted with LDBoblo
ThomasMc doesn't litterThomasMc doesn't litter

Device: nook
These companies just don't get it.
People want CHEAPER, not MORE EXPENSIVE.
ThomasMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:35 AM   #52
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azayzel View Post
Wow, you'd think with all of the e-Ink clones coming out, the price would start to drop (esp. for more cheaply made devices coming out of China).
Not as long as e-Ink has a monopoly, and no other real competition. e-Ink's only real advantage is phenomenal battery battery life, and as soon as folks realize that they really don't need to read twenty books in a row between charges, ... well! In the meantime, wring out every dollar they can!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote