Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-09-2011, 02:12 PM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Broken Screen!

i have read numerous posts about people breaking the screens on their ereaders. My daughter even broke 2! I shook my head, and thought "How could anyone be so careless as to break their screen?"

Well, what does Karma do to people who adopt such a self-rightous attitude? Yep. I read until 3 am. Instead of shutting off the light, I got up and went over and shut off the switch. Coming back, I stepped on something. I immediately turned the light back on and looked at my kindle - it looked fine. This morning, I forced myself to get some things done first, then I picked up my K4 to read. The entire bottom third of the screen was muted. Now, I have read many emails of people calling Amazon and getting their Kindles replaced. I figured, what is the harm?

They couldn't have been nicer. I have one coming, overnight shipment. I just have to send mine back in 30 days. They apologized for my "defective" kindle. They couldn't have been nicer, and did not even ask me what happened. Of couse, i have had it for less than 30 days.

Amazon was terrific! My daughter, on the other hand, when I asked to use her kindle, was not as gracious. Again, Karma.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 02:27 PM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Amazon has proven unparalleled in replacing "defective" Kindles - even when the customer has admitted to being at fault. Kudos to them.

Last month they even replaced my power/recharge cord - which had started flaking off its insulation cover - at no charge - even though the Kindle was WAY out of warranty.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 02:32 PM   #3
MickeyMark
Learning to read...
MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: K3-3G, KDXG
"Defective" screen? What did you tell them happened? LOL
MickeyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 03:17 PM   #4
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Clearly, anything that cannot handle being stepped on by a grown woman is defective
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 03:43 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Amazon is great! They pay for shipping both ways! I just replaced a K4 due to the contrast being weird.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 03:59 PM   #6
xari
Kindle Obsessed.
xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.

Device: K3, K4, Kindle Fire.
Amazon is fantastic!

I returned something to them recently, but after a week hadn't gotten notice that they'd received the returns (usually they notify me within a couple days), so I e-mailed Customer Service and they immediately credited my account.

Great customer service.
xari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 10:39 PM   #7
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They didn't ask what happened. I just told them the screen had lines on it, they had me reset it, and then they called it defective.

I know it wasn't defective. But I didn't say anything. I guess that wasn't the best thing to do, but they didn't ask, and I didn't tell. Isn't Amazon Don't Ask, Don't Tell? Or did they repeal that?
Old 10-09-2011, 11:20 PM   #8
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I doubt that they're going to check it once it gets there, see that you withheld some pertinent info, and harass you about it... They'll probably just factory-wipe it, refurbish (if possible) and re-sell it.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:30 AM   #9
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Amazon has Great Customer Service! My son broke my Kindle on Sunday 2nd I Called & had a Brand New Kindle Noon on the 5th!
QUESTION.... When does my New Replacement Kindle Warrenty Expire? My old one was purchased in Jan 2011. Sooo does it die in Jan 2012 or in Oct 2012?
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:46 AM   #10
krm0789
Enthusiast
krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
A lady at work sat on her Kindle at the beach. I chided her for not being careful... two weeks later my boyfriend sat on mine. She had the last laugh!
krm0789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:49 PM   #11
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by krm0789 View Post
A lady at work sat on her Kindle at the beach. I chided her for not being careful... two weeks later my boyfriend sat on mine. She had the last laugh!
Yes, when I asked my daughter (who broke 2 within a month) if I could use hers, she said "They are really easy to break, aren't they?" (In a snotty teenage tone of voice.)
Old 10-10-2011, 10:01 PM   #12
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Amazon has Great Customer Service! My son broke my Kindle on Sunday 2nd I Called & had a Brand New Kindle Noon on the 5th!
QUESTION.... When does my New Replacement Kindle Warrenty Expire? My old one was purchased in Jan 2011. Sooo does it die in Jan 2012 or in Oct 2012?
January 2012. Another issue you may have is a limit on breakage claims. When my daughter lost her phone, we had to pay $90 for a new one, plus if she lost it a second time, it would not be covered under the warranty. And I keep giving her expensive electronics!

Last edited by Sydney's Mom; 10-11-2011 at 04:58 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:56 AM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It strikes me as somewhat disingenuous to say "the screen has lines on it". Why did you not tell them that you had broken it?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:04 PM   #14
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Thanks S...Mom! CS told me the Screen on the replacement was not covered LOL
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:35 PM   #15
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Even when you admit to dropping it on a concrete floor, cracking the corner of the screen, they send you a replacement (my first Kindle 2 managed to survive less than a month).
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote