Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > Android Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-02-2011, 04:07 PM   #1
Gardnq1
Gardnq1 began at the beginning.

Device: Craig 7" 2.1 droid
New & in need

I'm trying to root my Craig to have access to the Google market but i'm coming up short. I know theres a thread out there, but i'm killing 2 birds. Intro & help.

I've followed these steps
1) Download the custom ROM here. I'd stay away from the alpha ROM. It works, but getting it on your device takes a few extra steps. The ROM you probably want is this one.

2) Uncompress the file and rename it update.img

3) Go into Settings -> USB Mode. Make sure Host Mode is unchecked.

4) At that point, your computer should recognize it as a drive.

5) Copy that file to the root directory of the device.

6) Unplug the device from the USB cable. At this point, it should start the update process.

7) Once it's done and rebooted, go into Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications.

8) Press Menu > Filter > All

9) Clear Cache for - Checkin Service, Download Manager, Gmail, Google Talk Service and Market

10) Reboot Device

But nothing. Care to explain where the root directory is?
Gardnq1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:11 PM   #2
Gardnq1
Gardnq1 began at the beginning.

Device: Craig 7" 2.1 droid
started over, and i got a invalid firmware file, asked me to delete. Guess i had it in the wrong stop.
Gardnq1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:34 AM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to Mobileread ... I'll see if we can't move this to a place where help may be available for you ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:38 AM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Gardnq. Geoff's right. You'd get quicker and more expert advice if your problem was posted in a more specific sub forum here. Good luck and best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:43 AM   #5
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Hello, Gardnq1, and welcome to MobileRead. Best wishes for success in rooting your Craig!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post

Welcome to Mobileread ... I'll see if we can't move this to a place where help may be available for you ....
Moved to Android Developer's Corner.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote