Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-06-2018, 11:47 AM   #1
Alpha o
Addict
Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Darwin, inkBOOK Obsidian
Question - author names

I've managed to get books filed away in Calibre the way I want. If I click on author sort Calibre sorts in the appropriate direction. The lists look very good and the way I want.

However, when I send books to a device, the device simply does not see the author name at all. I've tried just pasting books into the sd card directly with the same result.
I went back and corrected all the books I had just dragged into the Calibre library folder using Calibre itself, and the books STILL don't appear right. I own both an inkBOOK and an Onyx Darwin. Neither device will see the authors. It's like neither device recognizes any column but the first. The inkBOOK will see some of the authors, older books that I've had for quite a while. Newer books from the last 2 years - no go.

I went back and corrected the names of the books I downloaded. Some had just numbers so I typed in the Title and Author using a hyphen in between in the original download file. I fixed those hyphens in Calibre.

Last edited by Alpha o; 04-06-2018 at 11:54 AM.
Alpha o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 02:55 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I know neither of the devices, so I have no clue how (where they pull) the display info from.
Calibre only update the PASSED to device book if you USE Calibre to transfer (Not use the file systems COPY)

File name based use the Template in the 'Send To' (per device model) setting.
(The Preference:Send to... sets the first time used, ONLY)

Metadata based use standard fields. The Plugboard allows you to stuff non-standard stuff (like Series) into a standard field OF THE TRANSFERRED BOOK
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert