Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 06-02-2018, 06:29 AM   #1
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
SVG files treatment

Why can not treat svg files like a text file?
Why can not see the resulting svg in the viewer when editing?
Thanks for pay attention.
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 08:39 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I have no idea what you are asking. The editor does allow editing of svg files. And if you want to view them, you include them in an html file and view that file instead.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2018, 12:44 PM   #3
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for your reply.
Now when I want to change "ns#" to "ns" along all the svg files I must go one by one because svg files don't have the same treatment as text files (html, xhtml, opf,...).
And in the other hand, when you open an svg file, you can't see anything in the preview, it's empty. I think is a good idea to show the image.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:24 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Use the selected files mode of the search and replace and select all your svg files before doing the S&R.

As for previews of svg files, not a feature I am interested in implement, but patches are welcome.
Old 06-05-2018, 04:23 AM   #5
jcn363
absolute beginner

Thanks for your reply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Use the selected files mode of the search and replace and select all your svg files before doing the S&R.
That's my problem. I don't know how to do it.
I selected "selected files" mode of S&R.
Then I selected the concerned files.
After I typed that I wanted to change I taped on "change all" buttun.
The result (can be seen in the image) is: "You don't selected any file in the explorer".
If I select "all files" mode of S&R the search is made but does not find anything.
When I select "opened files" does seem to do nothing at all, no message, no change...
Quote:
As for previews of svg files, not a feature I am interested in implement, but patches are welcome.
If you can give me a clue, key, o whatever push me on the right way... I accept the challenge!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	svg_fail.png
Views:	171
Size:	522.5 KB
ID:	164305  
Advert
Old 06-05-2018, 05:02 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

That should fix it:

https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...32be7eb515f3e5

As for implementing preview, here you go:

https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...d775475dbf992a
Old 06-05-2018, 05:35 AM   #7
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@Kovid,

Whilst you're in SVG support mode can I raise the following which I've been meaning to mention for a while?

If a book contains .svg images and I run 'Beautify All Files', the .svg files are not beautified. If I open an individual .svg and run 'Beautify current file' it is beautified. Shouldn't 'Beautify All Files' actually mean 'all files'?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 05:45 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...75b1e8c26a3090
Old 06-05-2018, 06:10 AM   #9
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
That was quick! Thanks
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 06:41 AM   #10
jcn363
absolute beginner

Quote:
I think so, thans a lot