Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 01-17-2019, 05:53 PM   #1
badbob001
Fanatic
badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (rip), Kindle Voyage, Fire Tablet 10 '17, iPad '19
Access a copy of calibre that's on a network share?

I have a copy of my calibre library stored on a network share. Is it possible for CC to make a connection to that share to access the database that way? I'm only interested in readonly access (can also be enforced with a readonly login). CC already supports reading a copy that is stored on a cloud provider, so it's not much of a stretch to just consider a network share as another provider. As for remote access, I can vpn into my home network to access the share.

Thanks,
Robert
badbob001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 03:37 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
You can do it using the CC Cloud local connection if you can mount the external directory in such a way as it appears in the Android Storage Access Finder, somewhat like an SD card. I think that is possible if you have rooted your device, but I don't know that. I have heard rumors that people have made it work with a disk mounted using OTG on rooted phones.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert