Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-14-2013, 07:02 AM   #136
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
2.6.1 fw

Hi!

It seems that Kobo Launcher stop working with the latest 2.6.1 firmware. That is because Kobo has switched to a new toolchain.

Now I'm working on re-compiling launcher with the new kobo toolchain.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:51 PM   #137
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
Hi!

It seems that Kobo Launcher stop working with the latest 2.6.1 firmware. That is because Kobo has switched to a new toolchain.

Now I'm working on re-compiling launcher with the new kobo toolchain.
thank you sergey!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2013, 04:59 AM   #138
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

DELETED

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 06-18-2013 at 05:05 AM.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:00 AM   #139
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

2.6.1 fw

Hi!

The new KoboLauncher build for 2.6.1 firmware is released. I've checked it with my Kobo Touch.

Download page and installation manual are updated (be carefull !). It seems that you can't use the Kobo Tweaks for starting if for now because the Kobo Tweaks isn't ready for the new firmware yet. The only option - use internal launcher (see installation manual).

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 06-18-2013 at 05:06 AM.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:50 AM   #140
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hi!

The new KoboLauncher build for 2.6.1 firmware is released. I've checked it with my Kobo Touch.

Download page and installation manual are updated (be carefull !). It seems that you can't use the Kobo Tweaks for starting if for now because the Kobo Tweaks isn't ready for the new firmware yet. The only option - use internal launcher (see installation manual).
Yuppie! Thanks Sergey, and I still hope the Tweaks can be fixed, although we don't need it for your applications!
Advert
Old 06-23-2013, 05:07 PM   #141
paola
Wizard

sorry Sergey, if I wanted to modify the kobo_launcher.ini file to add a "sleep" option, what code should I put? And to call the browser?

EDIT: I don't know why, but the launcher does not show in the list of recent books after I opened it. With previous versions this was not a problem, now instead it requires a lot of steps to go looking for it in the library. Don't know if other people have the same problem.

Last edited by paola; 06-23-2013 at 05:46 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:01 AM   #142
Squarty
Squarty knows the square root of minus one.Squarty knows the square root of minus one.Squarty knows the square root of minus one.Squarty knows the square root of minus one.Squarty knows the square root of minus one.Squarty knows the square root of minus one.Squarty knows the square root of minus one.Squarty knows the square root of minus one.Squarty knows the square root of minus one.Squarty knows the square root of minus one.Squarty knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle Oasys 9th gen
Help me,
I move .tgz file and KoboLauncher folder in .kobo folder,
the Kobo "updates", I try to switch off and on, but nothing appears.

Why ?
Squarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:45 PM   #143
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squarty View Post
Help me,
I move .tgz file and KoboLauncher folder in .kobo folder,
the Kobo "updates", I try to switch off and on, but nothing appears.

Why ?
Squarty, Please contact me tomorrow via Skype or ICQ. My contacts: http://pbchess.vlasovsoft.net/en/contacts.html

I'm sure that we will solve this problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola
sorry Sergey, if I wanted to modify the kobo_launcher.ini file to add a "sleep" option, what code should I put? And to call the browser?
paola, I think we completely can't do that. Kobo launcher "freezes" nickel before running and "unfreezes" at exit. This means that we can't use nickel functions at all. The best way to interact with Kobo shell (nickel) is Kobo Plugin (Kobo Tweaks). But it doesn't work with 2.6.1 firmware for now. Probably somebody will fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola
EDIT: I don't know why, but the launcher does not show in the list of recent books after I opened it. With previous versions this was not a problem, now instead it requires a lot of steps to go looking for it in the library. Don't know if other people have the same problem.
Do you mean "Kobo shell does not show the list of recent books after you exit kobo launcher"? Because launcher itself can't show recent books. I think that we have anough problems related to freeze/unfreeze nickel by KoboLauncher. And the best way to solve all of them would be restart Kobo reader after exit from kobo launcher. The reboot time for kobo is not big but it will allow to solve all our problems. How do you think?

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 06-24-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:46 PM   #144
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
paola, I think we completely can't do that. Kobo launcher "freezes" nickel before running and "unfreezes" at exit. This means that we can't use nickel functions at all.
As for the first part of Paola's question (toggling night mode), nickel is not needed. As I know from another threat, Paola now uses already the launcher to control the night mode.

Quote:
Do you mean "Kobo shell does not show the list of recent books after you exit kobo launcher"? Because launcher itself can't show recent books. I think that we have anough problems related to freeze/unfreeze nickel by KoboLauncher.
No, Paola said
Quote:
the launcher does not show IN the list of recent books

Quote:
And the best way to solve all of them would be restart Kobo reader after exit from kobo launcher. The reboot time for kobo is not big but it will allow to solve all our problems. How do you think?
The first problem (controlling night-mode from the launcher) seems to be no problem. But if nickel is killed whenever the launcher is launched, this becomes rather tiresome.

The second point (launching the browser) without going to "settings/extras" won't be solved by killing nickel.

Whether the third problem (the launcher.png not showing in the recent books list) can be helped by killing nickel, I don't know. But this would be rather time consuming.

Paula, I am not quite sure whether you are saying that the launcher.png is not listed in the in the book list of the library at all, when you sort it by "recently read", or if it is not listed in the first position? Or is it not at all in the list, irrespective of how you sort it. If it is at all in the list, I would prefer to search for it there, rather then to restart the reader.

sergeyvl12, thank you for the new launcher. I have it not yet installed, but it was the reason why I finally decided to go from FW 2.4.0 to 2.6.1.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #145
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
As for the first part of Paola's question (toggling night mode), nickel is not needed. As I know from another threat, Paola now uses already the launcher to control the night mode.]
tshering,
I think, Paola told about "sleep" mode, not "night" mode.

tshering, thanks. Now I understand the launcher.png problem. I have no such a problem in my KoboTouch (2.6.1 fw). Probably the solution will be to:
1. connect USB
2. delete launcher.pgn
3. disconnect USB
4. make sure that launcher.png is gone
5. copy it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering
sergeyvl12, thank you for the new launcher. I have it not yet installed, but it was the reason why I finally decided to go from FW 2.4.0 to 2.6.1.
tshering,
It's not necessary to upgrade. I have 2 versions: for older fws and for 2.6.1+ fws. Let me know if you need the key for apps.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:53 PM   #146
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
I think, Paola told about "sleep" mode, not "night" mode.
You are totally right, I mistook sleep for night.

Quote:
It's not necessary to upgrade. I have 2 versions: for older fws and for 2.6.1+ fws.
I am ok with 2.6.1. One of the reasons why I was reluctant to upgrade was that I did not want to upgrade if it makes me lose the the KoboLauncher. The other problem was that after 2.4.0 the font size used to display Japanese dictionary entries became too small for me (fortunately I could solve this problem, cf. this thread if you like).
By the way, from what yoq says on the night-mode thread, it seems that your new launcher might also run under older FW (but not the other way round).
Quote:
Let me know if you need the key for apps.
Thank you very much for the offer. For the moment, I only use the launcher.

Have a good night/sleep!
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:29 PM   #147
paola
Wizard

tshering, sergey, thank you both!

The problem with the kobo launcher icon/book is that it does not show in the library nor in the home screen.

I have tried the correction suggeseted by sergey (that is, I connected the reader, erased kobolauncher.png, unplugged the device, checked htat the kobolauncher.png file was gone, connected again, copied the kobolauncher.png file in the root of the device again), but after I open it, again the "book" does not show on the home screen (but at least now it shows in the library).

Any more suggestions? It is not the end of the world, but it just makes it that little less convenient to use the launcher. The only other thought I have is that the "book" appears as 100% read: could this be the reason why it disappears from the home screen?

EDIT: however, the "book" kobolauncher.png is not marked as finished.

EDIT 2: I also noticed that nothing happens when clicking on either "power off2 or "calculator": the latter does not start, and the power off button does not switch the device off. All the other applications work.

Last edited by paola; 06-24-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:23 AM   #148
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Thanks, Paola

I'll try to investigate these issues.

Paola, did you manage to add "toggle Night Mode" button to Kobo Launcher?

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 06-26-2013 at 03:31 AM.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:39 AM   #149
paola
Wizard

Thanks sergey!
Quote:
Paola, did you manage to add "toggle Night Mode" button to Kobo Launcher?
yes, and it works, I've put the code I've used (suggested by Tshering)here
Old 06-27-2013, 08:44 AM   #150
flips01
Connoisseur
flips01 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle DX
Maybe I just missed it while browsing this thread, but should the Kobo Launcher also work on my Kobo Aura HD? (I tried a link for the project/installation page, but it only mentioned the chess app, not launcher ... or maybe I just need a coffee ...)
flips01 is offline   Reply With Quote