Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-14-2011, 09:54 AM   #1
librarianchat
librarianchat began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Atlantis Word Processor

Couldn't really find a good forum to post this in.

I had big time trouble using Calibre to convert to ePub. I tried multiple books and they all froze up on me.

I finally downloaded Atlantis. It is much easier. Just type something out in Word, create headers where you want your chapters, copy and paste it into Atlantis and they have an option to save as an ePub file.

They have a 30 day free trial then I think it's just $30 as a one time fee to purchase the software.

I have no affiliation with Atlantis, just found it to be helpful.
librarianchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:23 PM   #2
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
As I understand it, it works best saving as filtered html out of Word to feed calibre. Atlantis does not organize, filter or sort if you need these features, nor does it output for the Kindle.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2011, 07:29 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You are best using Atlantis to create the document and then output it as ePub.

As for Kindle output, once you get the ePub the way you want, just use Calibre to convert it to mobi for the Kindle. Simple really and Word doesn't have to be used.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:38 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by librarianchat View Post
I had big time trouble using Calibre to convert to ePub. I tried multiple books and they all froze up on me.
This statement is worthless. Convert what format to ePub? How?

Atlantis Word Processor is a fine product and will create ePubs from quite a few formats. You outlined one work flow that will work, but there are many other work flows that don't require Atlantis Word Processor.

Thanks for sharing your solution.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote