Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 12-30-2017, 07:19 PM   #1
lazorbeam
Connoisseur
lazorbeam began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone; Fire HD
Cloud Library Viewer, Catalogue - iOS

Is there an iOS app or method that allows you to view your cloud-stored (i.e. Dropbox) Calibre library on ipad/iphone? The view would include title, author, comments/summary, and ideally user category/tags. Downloading from there to ereader would be ideal, but I don't care about that so much.

-I am connected to Calibre content server; however, unless I'm missing something, I think Calibre needs to be running for it to work. I don't have my computer on often.
-I know that Calibre Companion exists. I've used the Android version, not ios, but I dislike using it and feel like I get stuck in subfolders.
-MapleRead may be an organizer. I haven't tried it yet but the screenshots/description don't really describe what I'm looking for. Happy to be told I'm wrong though.

I'm basically hoping for an iOS version of CalibreBox or CalibreCloud. I really enjoy CalibreBox on Android and included some screenshots to show what I mean. Currently I use Marvin and can pull from Dropbox. Those are just file names however and I appreciate having a fully mobile catalogue to browse in case I can't remember the names.

I'm been searching for awhile but I'm hoping that I've missed some secret gem. Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibrebox1.png
Views:	396
Size:	855.0 KB
ID:	161074   Click image for larger version

Name:	calibrebox2.png
Views:	324
Size:	207.3 KB
ID:	161075  
lazorbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 10:12 PM   #2
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
That would be excellent, wouldnt it. I don't know of any such app, wish I did. The only way I know it can be done is if you use Calibre2OPDS and upload to Dropbox. Then you can access it as if it were on your own computer. However, I am uncertain if various changes made on Dropbox now make that unusable. The problem, I think, is that Dropbox itself doesnt know what to do with epub files... Maybe there's a way to connect direct to the catalog in dropbox but I havent found it. I store all my boox and the catalog itself in my Dropbox folder, so I can access on the go, but as always, need to know the book I want, and cannot read any synopsis until its downloaded.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ios