Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-11-2017, 04:19 PM   #1
formal
formal began at the beginning.

Device: K3 / KT
Any music programs for K3 or KT ?

I just recently picked up a k3 and a KT within the last month. I installed the gameboy emulator in hopes of being able to make some sounds with it, but alas no sound support.

Are there any programs/trackers/synths made for the e-ink kindles?
formal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 04:42 PM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
I haven't seen one.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 05:55 PM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by formal View Post
I just recently picked up a k3 and a KT within the last month. I installed the gameboy emulator in hopes of being able to make some sounds with it, but alas no sound support.

Are there any programs/trackers/synths made for the e-ink kindles?
Yes.
Search among the posts (or threads started) by twobob.

The K3 and KT do have sound support. Both also do TTS.

I suppose you meant that the gameboy emulator does not have sound support.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 07:28 PM   #4
formal

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Yes.
Search among the posts (or threads started) by twobob.

The K3 and KT do have sound support. Both also do TTS.

I suppose you meant that the gameboy emulator does not have sound support.
Yeah I meant the gameboy emulator so I can load up a music making rom.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:13 PM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yeah I meant the gameboy emulator so I can load up a music making rom.
Which gameboy emulator?
Which Kindle? (the keyboard and the touch screen models are very different firmwares).

IIRC - twobob's emulator for the KT had sound enabled.
(twobob was our retired rock star - a professional entertainer - he liked things to make music whenever possible)
Old 09-11-2017, 09:46 PM   #6
formal

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Which gameboy emulator?
Which Kindle? (the keyboard and the touch screen models are very different firmwares).

IIRC - twobob's emulator for the KT had sound enabled.
(twobob was our retired rock star - a professional entertainer - he liked things to make music whenever possible)

I've only tried on the k3 (kindle keyboard) so far (FBGNUBOY). I figured that would best supported since it has physical keys and a volume rocker switch.

I will look into the gameboy emulator on the kindle touch

Am I wrong in assuming there are more programs/utilities for the K3 than the KT?

Last edited by formal; 09-11-2017 at 09:49 PM.
Old 09-11-2017, 10:00 PM   #7
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I've only tried on the k3 (kindle keyboard) so far (FBGNUBOY). I figured that would best supported since it has physical keys and a volume rocker switch.

Am I wrong in assuming there are more programs/utilities for the K3 than the KT?
yes, you are wrong.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:53 AM   #8
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:

There is an mplayer port for the K3 and it can be invoked from launchpad. I have even used it on my K3 to play internet radio streams.

So if your gameboy emulator does not have sound on the K3 it is probably a settings problem. You might want to look at the mplayer port to see if it has any information that might help you determine the proper settings for your gameboy emulator.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 02:58 PM   #9
formal

Sorry for the confusing title. I am trying to use my kindle to MAKE music. Not playback music.

http://www.littlesounddj.com/lsd/ http://irrlichtproject.de/houston/ http://littlegptracker.com/medias.php
Old 09-12-2017, 03:14 PM   #10
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Sorry for the confusing title. I am trying to use my kindle to MAKE music. Not playback music.

http://www.littlesounddj.com/lsd/ http://irrlichtproject.de/houston/ http://littlegptracker.com/medias.php
So what is the difference?
If the speakers do not create sound waves, you are sort of out of luck.

I am pretty sure you are on the wrong track.
A game boy device does not support any standard of audio output.
The Kindles do.

You should start with whatever thing(s) are commonly used on a Linux system to achieve whatever it is you want to do.
Not try to bit-diddle the speaker drivers.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:43 PM   #11
formal

First of all I was hoping there would be a NATIVE tracker on the Kindle.

Second, I tried the gameboy emulator because I am already familiar with using LSDJ (tracker) on authentic hardware. Emulation is also an option for those that don't have real hardware.

Third, I am not trying to re-invent the wheel here. I don't plan to write any music programs I just wanted to know if there was anything already available. I posted the examples of other trackers running on 'non-standard' hardware for creating music just to show that people do develop this sort of stuff.

Like I said, it would be cool if I could use the Kindle to MAKE music, but if not, I will move on. Plenty of other devices/communities out there
Old 09-12-2017, 03:47 PM   #12
formal

Lastly, this would have been the tracker most likely to have been ported over. http://www.warmplace.ru/soft/sunvox/
Runs on pretty much every device/platform out there.
Old 09-12-2017, 06:13 PM   #13
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Lastly, this would have been the tracker most likely to have been ported over. http://www.warmplace.ru/soft/sunvox/
Runs on pretty much every device/platform out there.
That page says there is a build available for Linux.
Both of your Kindles run Linux.
It should not be all that difficult to "port" - no more than "porting" something from one version of Windows to another.