Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-27-2013, 11:44 AM   #2206
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Quoted from jim-butcher.com

WOW!
Read the excerpt!
GGRRRR...now there's another one I have to wait for...paitence is NOT one of my virtues.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:09 PM   #2207
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool SDCC 2013 Urban Fantasy Panel

by Priscilla Spencer
Published on Jul 22, 2013

Authors Jim Butcher, Max Gladstone, Kevin Hearne, Richard Kadrey, Marlene Perez, Kevin J. Anderson, and Liesel Schwarz discuss the art of writing Urban Fantasy with Diana Gill.

Last edited by alansplace; 07-27-2013 at 12:47 PM. Reason: oops!
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:40 PM   #2208
Kirtai
Addict
Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-650, iPad, Samsung Galaxy SII (JB), Google Nexus 7 (2013)
Quote:
WOW!
Read the excerpt!
Can't come soon enough for me
Kirtai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:41 PM   #2209
tedpeer
Enthusiast
tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: nook, iOs
Quote:
WOW!
Read the excerpt!
Want it. NOW.

Ted
tedpeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:24 AM   #2210
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool My annual re-read of The Dresden Files!

Quote:
I've decided to begin my third annual re-read of Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files series today. I had planned to begin this re-read a little closer to Skin Game's release date, but since I've noticed that my book consumption rate has slowed significantly as of late, as stated in the above quote, I've just now begun re-reading Storm Front again.
I finished re-reading Storm Front last night so this morning I've begun re-reading Fool Moon!

Last edited by alansplace; 07-28-2013 at 03:03 PM. Reason: oops...
Old 07-28-2013, 02:31 PM   #2211
Abtacha
Addict
Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Nice excerpt, thank you for the link Alan.

Since I think this was the thread where I learned about Ben Aaronovitch's PC Grant series I thought I'd point out that the newest book "Broken Homes" is out since July 25th.
Goodreads Reviews are looking good so far so I'll somehow have to make room for yet another book to read.
Abtacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:14 PM   #2212
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Excerpt from Molly-POV story: Bombshells!

Quote:
WOW!
Read the excerpt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
GGRRRR...now there's another one I have to wait for...paitence is NOT one of my virtues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirtai View Post
Can't come soon enough for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedpeer View Post
Want it. NOW.

Ted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abtacha View Post
Nice excerpt, thank you for the link Alan...
Yes everyone it certainly made me wish for the rest of it sooner rather than later! You're welcome Abtacha!

Old 07-29-2013, 11:39 PM   #2213
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I finished re-reading Storm Front last night so this morning I've begun re-reading Fool Moon!
I finished my re-reading of Fool Moonthis afternoon so this evening I'm going to begin re-reading Grave Peril!

Old 07-30-2013, 01:53 PM   #2214
Abtacha
Addict
Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
I finished my re-reading of Fool Moonthis afternoon so this evening I'm going to begin re-reading Grave Peril!

At that speed you can read them a second time before Skin Game comes out
Abtacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:15 PM   #2215
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool ...before Skin Game comes out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abtacha View Post
At that speed you can read them a second time before Skin Game comes out
Yep, that's the idea.

...and a short Harryism from Grave Peril is:
Quote:
“My sister hasn’t eaten tonight,” he explained. “She’s on a diet.”
“Vampires on a diet?” Susan murmured beneath her breath.
“Yeah,” I said back, sotto voce. “Make hers a Blood Lite.”
Old 07-31-2013, 11:40 AM   #2216
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool GeekDame Presents: The Dresden Files! (1-7)

geekdame Uploaded on Nov 16, 2011

Being a rambling review of the first 7 books in Jim Butcher's THE DRESDEN FILES.

Also: THERE BE SPOILERS HERE.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:53 AM   #2217
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Yesterday evening I completed the re-reading of Grave Peril now on to Summer Knight.

Old 08-01-2013, 02:10 PM   #2218
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Quote:
Yesterday evening I completed the re-reading of Grave Peril now on to Summer Knight.

Wow Alan, you've got the hammer down!!!
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:22 PM   #2219
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool ...my rate of consumption

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
Wow Alan, you've got the hammer down!!!
Yeah, my rate of consumption seems to have recovered.This makes me wonder if the stuff I've been reading lately is not as enjoyable as I'd perceived it to be.

Old 08-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #2220
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Quote:
Yeah, my rate of consumption seems to have recovered.This makes me wonder if the stuff I've been reading lately is not as enjoyable as I'd perceived it to be.

I'm sure it's enjoyable, it's just not Dresden!
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy