Notices

Old 03-18-2022, 10:55 AM   #1
quarkpott
quarkpott began at the beginning.

Device: none
Calculate difference on two dates

Hello,

Maybe someone can help me.
I have a Read Start column and a Read End column. How can I create a read duration column that shows the days between the two dates? How can I create a read duration column that shows the days between the two dates?
I need a column that depends on other columns, but then unfortunately I do not get more.

I would be very glad about help.
quarkpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 11:12 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by quarkpott View Post
Hello,

Maybe someone can help me.
I have a Read Start column and a Read End column. How can I create a read duration column that shows the days between the two dates? How can I create a read duration column that shows the days between the two dates?
I need a column that depends on other columns, but then unfortunately I do not get more.

I would be very glad about help.
See The calibre template language, General Program Mode, and in particular the days_between() function.

You probably want a template like this, with the lookup names changed appropriately.
Code:
program:
    days_between($$#read_end, $$#read_start)
The days_between() function returns fractional days. If you want an integer then use either
Code:
program:
    floor(days_between($$#read_end, $$#read_start))
Code:
program:
    round(days_between($$#read_end, $$#read_start))
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2022, 11:18 AM   #3
quarkpott

Thanks, I'll look into it and get back to you if I can't get it to work.
Old 03-18-2022, 05:06 PM   #4
quarkpott

I think I don't understand something.
I have copied in the templates and changed for me and have specified the template in the column. Shouldn't it actually work then?
Please excuse my stupidity
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	spalte.png
Views:	51
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	192834   Click image for larger version

Name:	lesedauer.png
Views:	57
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	192835  
Old 03-18-2022, 05:28 PM   #5
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Code:
program: Lesedaeur()
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2022, 05:30 PM   #6
quarkpott

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Code:
program: Lesedaeur()
Then 0 is displayed in the column, although it should actually be 2
Old 03-18-2022, 05:43 PM   #7
quarkpott

With some experimenting it worked now, thank you.
Old 03-18-2022, 06:12 PM   #8
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If it helps for the future, I've found most of my days_between() errors happened because I put the two dates in the wrong order.
Old 03-19-2022, 11:25 AM   #9
quarkpott

Me again.
Is it perhaps also possible that the field is only populated when Read Begin and Read End are filled in?
At the moment there is always a 0 entered.
Thanks in advance for the effort.
Old 03-19-2022, 11:51 AM   #10
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarkpott View Post
Me again.
Is it perhaps also possible that the field is only populated when Read Begin and Read End are filled in?
At the moment there is always a 0 entered.
Thanks in advance for the effort.
Is odd as I just got a blank, but hopefully this will work:

Code:
program:

if 
		$$#date1 && $$#date2
	then
		days_between($$#date1, $$#date2)
	fi

Last edited by ownedbycats; 03-19-2022 at 02:01 PM.
Old 03-20-2022, 02:27 PM   #11
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
I have it configured like this
Taking the start and read ended column
Code:
program: format_number(days_between(raw_field('#finished'), raw_field('#started')),"{0:5.0f}")
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 03:18 PM   #12
quarkpott

Thank you. Worked.
Slowly it becomes as desired.

I also have books that I have read but have not set a date.
Is it perhaps also possible to write an unknown for these in Read Start, Read End and read duration?

Last edited by quarkpott; 03-20-2022 at 03:29 PM.
Old 03-20-2022, 03:31 PM   #13
quarkpott

That would be the last one, sorry for all the questions.
Old 03-20-2022, 04:07 PM   #14
quarkpott

Got it myself, thanks anyway for all the help here
Old 03-20-2022, 04:10 PM   #15
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
They appear to me like this, like the image
The columns I have are:
Status (Read, To Read, Reading)
Title
Author
Date (From Calibre)
Ranking
Tags
Serie
Editorial
Published