Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-19-2023, 06:49 PM   #1
charlweed
Enthusiast
charlweed began at the beginning.

Device: none
Preferred way to install an external modules for a plugin?

[Again, my apologies for previously posting this to the Sygil thread]

I'd like to write a plugin that uses PyDictionary, which is a english language dictionary.
How do I "install" external modules so they are available to my Calibre plugin, and can be re-distributed within the zip? I tried copying the module source into a directory of my module. It works in my IDE, but when I restart Calibre, my plugin will not load, and Calibre gives the error:

`ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'PyDictionary'`

I'm a Python and Calibre plugin newb so I have lots of trial and error ahead. The goal of my plugin will be to help me un-mangle a very messy Calibre library. There are hundreds of books with titles mixed into the author fields, and vice-versa. My first pass is to find authors that have several common english words in the name. Then I can inspect them to see if they are really titles, and process them further.
I tried hunspell, becuase it seems it might be faster, but it seems to have compatibility issues, and has not been updated fro quite some time.
charlweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 08:52 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There are builtin dictionaries in calibre already use those. See the functions in spell/dictionary.py
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
modules, plugin