Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-11-2023, 02:04 AM   #1
sdasda7777
sdasda7777 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Basic Touch 624
Pocketbook 624 Basic Touch - Unwakable sleep (fixed?)

Hi, I had this problem with my Pocketbook almost from the time I got it. Although I think I found a workaround, I would be curious if you know why it happens, and I also think it's worth documenting if someone has the same issue.

Since I got it (it was used/broken with no OS), it has been sometimes freezing up on pause: It would pause, but then couldn't be woken up. However I always knew it wasn't dead, because USB sound would play when I plugged it in the computer, and also when holding the power button down for a few seconds. After some time (few hours, maybe, not sure, never measured it exactly) it would be possible to turn it on again, but the battery would usually be drained, so it had to be put on charger first.

Lately it's gotten much worse, happening pretty much every time I tried to pause, so I decided I had to act. I tried replacing the battery and also checking if there isn't some "back cover closed" sensor that could trigger it, but neither worked.

However what ended up working was unmapping the pause action from the power button and just shutting it off through the task manager (long home hold) every time.

My only other theory why this works is there is something slightly wrong with the power button which made it act up like this when pausing, but I'm not especially pressured to keep digging since it now works better than every with the new battery
sdasda7777 is offline   Reply With Quote