Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 08-15-2023, 01:11 PM   #1
Panin
Panin began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Muse
Vivlo

My Bookeen Diva is dying, and Bookeen seem to be only selling large screen ereader/writing things now.

Does anyone have any info about Vivlo?

Mostly, I need to have a book reader with internal folders that talks to Calibre.

I have a library of well over 5,000 books, and I like to have them organised by genre and author. I've tried Kindles, but their internal organisation is pants.

Panin.
Panin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 05:30 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Do you have to have directory support? Wouldn't collections do?

If you can manage with collections, and series, then a Kobo Libra 2 would be a very good choice to replace your Diva.

As to the Vivo, it's a color eink Reader. The color is not going to be good and the contrast in B/W is going to be poor. If you really want color, get a tablet.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2023, 06:24 PM   #3
cellaris
Addict
cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Tolino, Bookeen, Onyx Boox, Boyue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panin View Post
My Bookeen Diva is dying, and Bookeen seem to be only selling large screen ereader/writing things now.

Does anyone have any info about Vivlo?

Mostly, I need to have a book reader with internal folders that talks to Calibre.

I have a library of well over 5,000 books, and I like to have them organised by genre and author. I've tried Kindles, but their internal organisation is pants.

Panin.
If you are referring to the "Vivlio" e-readers, they are rebranded PocketBook for France (and now also for Spain). I imagine they have some specific feature in their software. But they are PocketBook devices.

If you mean something else, then I don't know.
cellaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2023, 01:05 PM   #4
Panin
Panin began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Muse
Thank you for replying. I did mean the Vivlo, out of France, as it was linked from the Bookeen site.

I've had Kobos before, but always gone rushing back to a Cybook.

When the Diva dies, I guess its sadly back to a Kobo.
Panin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2023, 06:03 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Bookeen is meh! They won't sell to the US.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert