Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-11-2017, 09:15 AM   #46
polygonica
polygonica began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW1 WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by violent23 View Post
Okay I have a PW1 and have tested this but I am having a little trouble with the auto control.

[...]

With these setting I am unable to achieve what I want with auto control as when I start auto control the backlight still stays on (on 0 but still on) when turning the device on. Am I doing something wrong, what are the settings I need to set so that my device turns on with no backlight but allows me to turn on the backlight once changing the slider setting past 1 and then back off once getting back to 1 or 0?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowayN7 View Post
Hate to resurrect this after five months, but I'm having the same trouble as violent23.

It won't turn the backlight completely off on the PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalbertAmu View Post
Can anyone please help me?
I have a PW1 and experienced similar problems. The KUAL button to turn the backlight off worked, but auto-control didn't. I think I found the issue.

I messed around with the code and noticed that in frontlightmaster.sh, the block responsible for turning the light off (below "# if front light should be disabled but is not, turn it off now") was never running because "[ `cat $FRONTLIGHTDEVICE` -ne 0 ]" was never true. I removed that condition and auto-control began working fine.

So, for now, people with this issue should change

Quote:
if [ $REQUESTEDBRIGHTNESS -eq 0 ] && [ `cat $FRONTLIGHTDEVICE` -ne 0 ]; then
to

Quote:
if [ $REQUESTEDBRIGHTNESS -eq 0 ]; then

Last edited by polygonica; 01-11-2017 at 09:16 AM. Reason: shorter quotes
polygonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:04 AM   #47
makebelieve
makebelieve began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by polygonica View Post
I have a PW1 and experienced similar problems. The KUAL button to turn the backlight off worked, but auto-control didn't. I think I found the issue.

So, for now, people with this issue should change

to
This helped me! Thanks!

Now for me on a PW1 the test-mode of the auto-control works, but once I enable auto control for good it stops working...

Any ideas on how to solve this?
makebelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 02:07 AM   #48
JotaCe
JotaCe doesn't litterJotaCe doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3
Has it been tested for PW1 5.6.1.1? I am not able to make it work with this firmware (of course, kindle jailbreaked and kual installed).

I don't mean just the auto control: even the "off" button in kual desn't work. When I use the button, the light goes to minimum, but not totally off. Any tip?
JotaCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 04:59 AM   #49
baalajimaestro
Expecto Patronum!
baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2(9017) 4GB, FW 5.7.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JotaCe View Post
Has it been tested for PW1 5.6.1.1? I am not able to make it work with this firmware (of course, kindle jailbreaked and kual installed).

I don't mean just the auto control: even the "off" button in kual desn't work. When I use the button, the light goes to minimum, but not totally off. Any tip?
Working pretty well on PW2 FW 5.8.9.2. You will need to edit the configuration file (~/bin/config.sh)before it starts working! You have pretty enough description and help outters there

B.Baalaji

Last edited by baalajimaestro; 05-23-2017 at 05:03 AM.
baalajimaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 06:56 AM   #50
JotaCe
JotaCe doesn't litterJotaCe doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3
I missed that! Right, you have to select the proper device by editing that file! Now working perfectly, thanks!
JotaCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:17 AM   #51
AnimalOfArt
Groupie
AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: changing frequently
I overlooked the thread, but I coundn't find anyone have tested this on KV.
So I can report that this ext works on KV without any changes!
AnimalOfArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 07:11 AM   #52
Lepricon
Nameless Being

I have some problems with the extension on Voyage 5.8.10

When I turn on Auto-Control it is working perfectly. Lights are off.
But someway it affects my books indexing. If I send books via usb it won't appear in my library on the device. If I disable Auto-Control and restart kindle, then indexing start working ok.

What can I do with that?

Last edited by Lepricon; 08-20-2017 at 07:42 AM.
Old 08-20-2017, 07:42 AM   #53
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepricon View Post
I have some problems with the extension on Voyage 5.8.10

When I turn on Auto-Control it is working perfectly. Lights are off.
But someway it blocks my books indexing via usb. If I send books via usb it won't appear in my library on the device. If I disable Auto-Control and restart kindle, then indexing start working ok.

What can I do with that?
Find the actual cause.
The front light extension has nothing at all to do with the indexing of books.

Dump the system messages, read them, find the actual cause of the indexing stall (the system will have described the problem in the message files).
In the main page search bar, enter:
;dm
The semi-colon is part of the command.

PS:
Please provide a link to the post that claimed this had been tested on a KV running 5.8.10 firmware.
(It is firmware version dependent, in the sense that it is kernel version dependent. It is probably also hardware model dependent.)

Last edited by knc1; 08-20-2017 at 07:48 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 08:09 AM   #54
Lepricon
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Find the actual cause.
The front light extension has nothing at all to do with the indexing of books.

Dump the system messages, read them, find the actual cause of the indexing stall (the system will have described the problem in the message files).
In the main page search bar, enter:
;dm
The semi-colon is part of the command.

PS:
Please provide a link to the post that claimed this had been tested on a KV running 5.8.10 firmware.
(It is firmware version dependent, in the sense that it is kernel version dependent. It is probably also hardware model dependent.)

I know that there's no claims that it will work correctly on a KV 5.8.10
I just asked mb someone know how can I fix it.
If not, I'll use it further. With corrupted indexing. Because that's the only reason why I jb my device. I have bluelight sensivity and want to disable frontlight completely.

I know that the extension affects indexing of books sended via usb someway. I don't know how. Send to kindle is working ok.
I did reset 2 times. And indexing stop working right after I turn auto-control on. Books appear only if I restart the device.
If I disable Auto-Control and restart then books appear right after I transfer it and eject kindle from USB.

Thank you anyway.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:36 AM   #55
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I know that there's no claims that it will work correctly on a KV 5.8.10
I just asked mb someone know how can I fix it.
If not, I'll use it further. With corrupted indexing. Because that's the only reason why I jb my device. I have bluelight sensivity and want to disable frontlight completely.

I know that the extension affects indexing of books sended via usb someway. I don't know how. Send to kindle is working ok.
I did reset 2 times. And indexing stop working right after I turn auto-control on. Books appear only if I restart the device.
If I disable Auto-Control and restart then books appear right after I transfer it and eject kindle from USB.

Thank you anyway.
You MUST restore the parts of the jail break erased by 'Reset' after each time you use it.
MUST, you have no choice in the matter if you want anything of ours to continue working properly.

"Indexing" does not hide books.
You can see them regardless of the state of their indexing.

So dump the messages, stop guessing.
Combine all four of them into a *.zip archive and use the 'advanced editor' to attach that archive to your next post.
Old 08-20-2017, 11:14 AM   #56
Lepricon
Nameless Being

Quote:
You MUST restore the parts of the jail break erased by 'Reset' after each time you use it.
MUST, you have no choice in the matter if you want anything of ours to continue working properly.

"Indexing" does not hide books.
You can see them regardless of the state of their indexing.

So dump the messages, stop guessing.
Combine all four of them into a *.zip archive and use the 'advanced editor' to attach that archive to your next post.
I know about installing fix after every reset. In other case how can I even start that extension after reset.
Attached Files
File Type: zip logs.zip (139.3 KB, 157 views)
Old 08-20-2017, 12:29 PM   #57
knc1
Going Viral

It is crashing each time it tries to access the store for search suggestions because it is no longer registered.
So register it (after each time you press 'reset').
Old 08-20-2017, 07:44 PM   #58
Lepricon
Nameless Being

Quote:
It is crashing each time it tries to access the store for search suggestions because it is no longer registered.
So register it (after each time you press 'reset').

Thanks, but it it is not about the store.

I solved the problem. Don't know how it works. I deleted frontlight master extension. And used extension from here

And just copied path "The frontlight device to use" for PW2 from Frontlight master extension.
If someone will have problems like me, there's attach below my post.
The extension I used have less functions. It have only 2 options. Turn the light off and Auto turn off on wakeup.

I think the problem is somewhere in checking light level periodically
in the frontlight master extension. Maybe some sort of stack or queue was overcrowded. But I don't have enough skill to find and solve it there. So I used another extension, just edited it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip FrontLight.zip (2.5 KB, 210 views)

Last edited by Lepricon; 08-20-2017 at 07:48 PM.
Old 08-20-2017, 08:47 PM   #59
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Thanks, but it it is not about the store.
- - - - -
Nonsense.
Store access is only one of the things effected by the lack of registration.
The indexing is being effected by the lack of registration.
Whatever you did, it was more than you admitted to (or noticed).
Code:
170820:150330 cvm[4564]: I IndexedContentModel:ChunkInfo:start=0,cursor=0,size=2:
170820:150330 cvm[4564]: I IndexedContentModel:Information::waited for results in EventQueueThread for 36ms
170820:150330 cvm[4564]: E GrokDatabase:GetRegisteredProfileFail:reason=resultset length = 0:
170820:150330 cvm[4564]: I IndexedContentModel:ChunkInfo:start=0,cursor=0,size=0:
170820:150330 cvm[4564]: I IndexedContentModel:ChunkInfo:start=0,cursor=0,size=0:
170820:150330 cvm[4564]: E GrokDatabase:GetRegisteredProfileFail:reason=resultset length = 0:
So register the device.

Last edited by knc1; 08-20-2017 at 08:50 PM.
Old 02-17-2018, 02:43 PM   #60
datanoise
Groupie
datanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: SuperNote A5X
Tried it on PW3, works great. I like the fact that it waits when the device is sleeping. Clear comments in your code too, very cool.

Huge thanks for your work!

Last edited by datanoise; 02-17-2018 at 04:29 PM.
datanoise is offline   Reply With Quote