Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 06-18-2015, 06:43 AM   #1
8140david
Connoisseur
8140david began at the beginning.

Device: none
Convert epub to pdf, with notes with main text in the pdf?

I have an epub that I need to convert to pdf.
In each chapter of the epub, I have many notes.

1) In the pdf, I would like notes to be printed on the same page as the main text. Is there a way to do that?
With which tools? How, precisely?
I can use linux (ubuntu) or windows.

2) If that's not possible, I'd like the notes to be printed at the end, but on continuous pages. At present, if I use the converter in calibre (I tried some other tools as well), the note are printed at the end, but each note on a single page.

3) I would also like to be able to control more precisely the layout of the pdf. I haven't found detailed parameters in Calibre...

Thanks for your help!
David

Last edited by 8140david; 06-18-2015 at 07:10 AM.
8140david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 01:13 PM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
You could the PrincePDF plugin for calibre. With the plugin you can alter the stylesheets used for the conversion, and instruct Prince to insert the footnotes in the page they appear (but any formatting is lost), or remove forced pagebreaks. You need some HTML/CSS knowledge, though, and depending on how the book is created you may need to modify it more deeply.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote