Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-21-2022, 07:06 AM   #211
rowe
Zealot
rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hisense Hi Reader Pro, Boox Mira, Dasung Paperlike Colour
I updated. Doesn't seem to have any issues but I only use it for reading (in Moonreader+).
rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 03:45 PM   #212
tudoapampa
tudoapampa began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 7th gen / Inkpalm 5 / Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by michel24 View Post
Thanks for the translation and the tip
I think I will not attempt it before I know more, I currently wouldn't have time to fix the potential problems or configuration losses which could occur.
I'm just surprised i'm the only one here who has this update thing
You’re not the only one. I purchased mine already configured, and I’m afraid that the actual configuration get lost after the update.
tudoapampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2022, 05:51 AM   #213
rowe
Zealot
rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hisense Hi Reader Pro, Boox Mira, Dasung Paperlike Colour
The language settings all stayed the same for me. I set it up myself when the gen1 first came out and I think there's been 3/4 updates since then which haven't broken the English language hack.

Bluetooth seems a bit more reliable with this update. It's the only difference I've noticed.
rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 11:02 AM   #214
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
I don't know but it says this. Make sure your charged up more then 60% before attempting it.
1. Improve system stability
2. Optimize time synchronization function
3. Disable the screen recording function
4. Other bug fixes and experience optimization
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 12:42 PM   #215
genoasalami
Connoisseur
genoasalami began at the beginning.

Device: KK3G, PW, Voyage, Oasis, Aura One, Forma
I let the battery in this die and now I can’t get it to turn back on, even when plugged into a charger. Anyone have any suggestions?
genoasalami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2022, 01:34 PM   #216
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by genoasalami View Post
I let the battery in this die and now I can’t get it to turn back on, even when plugged into a charger. Anyone have any suggestions?
Maybe leave it plugged in overnight. It might just need to charge for a while to wake up. Otherwise, I'm not sure. Hopefully one of the others might know better than I do.
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 04:03 PM   #217
genoasalami
Connoisseur
genoasalami began at the beginning.

Device: KK3G, PW, Voyage, Oasis, Aura One, Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrilson View Post
Maybe leave it plugged in overnight. It might just need to charge for a while to wake up. Otherwise, I'm not sure. Hopefully one of the others might know better than I do.
Yep. It turned itself on after it reached 100%. Totally bizarre IMO but there it is. I guess my post was premature but after a certain period of time I figured it wasn’t coming back on.
genoasalami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 08:49 AM   #218
guttaperk
guttaperk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by michel24 View Post
Thanks for the translation and the tip
I think I will not attempt it before I know more, I currently wouldn't have time to fix the potential problems or configuration losses which could occur.
I'm just surprised i'm the only one here who has this update thing
I updated. It’s been fine.
guttaperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 11:21 PM   #219
emacsomancer
emacsomancer shares his or her toysemacsomancer shares his or her toysemacsomancer shares his or her toysemacsomancer shares his or her toysemacsomancer shares his or her toysemacsomancer shares his or her toysemacsomancer shares his or her toysemacsomancer shares his or her toysemacsomancer shares his or her toysemacsomancer shares his or her toysemacsomancer shares his or her toys

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2O (1st edn), Xiaomi InkPalm 5
Is there a way to change/set the "sleep" image? (Maybe to the current KOReader book?)
emacsomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 08:47 AM   #220
just_jeepin
Addict
just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I wish you could flash a version of LineageOS on this.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
just_jeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 09:18 AM   #221
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
InkPalm Plus Mini e-reader with 5.84-inch E Ink display launched on May 23.
2250 mAh battery, 64GB, 2GB RAM, 1.8 GHz quad-core A55 processor, Android 11.

https://gamingsym.in/ink-case-mini-r...e-of-999-yuan/

Looks very interesting to me!
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 09:32 AM   #222
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
999 yuan approx €140. Add local VAT/Import, fees etc gives €175 approx + shipping

Interesting replacement for a Kobo Mini or Sony PRS-350. Should run BorrowBox android app used with Irish Libraries, because that works on eInk Mars. Possibly used in Australia too?
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 10:16 AM   #223
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
It looks kind of sexy. I've a bunch of experience now on Qualcomm and zero experience on Rockchip processors so I think that I'll hold off.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 03:53 AM   #224
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynton View Post
InkPalm Plus Mini e-reader with 5.84-inch E Ink display launched on May 23.
2250 mAh battery, 64GB, 2GB RAM, 1.8 GHz quad-core A55 processor, Android 11.

https://gamingsym.in/ink-case-mini-r...e-of-999-yuan/

Looks very interesting to me!
Seems like a decent upgrade looks like the same panel as in the HiSense Touch, just without QUALCOMM and 2GB less ram. But also like $200 less once imported to your respected country.
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 05:16 AM   #225
Aki
Aki began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara 2e
Anyone willing to help me with how to set up this device (uninstalling the apps, installing Ulanvher, etc.)? I am trying to follow the GitHub directions but can’t get adb (from the ask platform tools download) to open for some reason .
Aki is offline   Reply With Quote