Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-04-2009, 01:31 PM   #46
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
I know...........I need a 'patch'.

You know. Like the smokers get.

Only mine would flood my senses with the taste of mashed potatoes, or fried potatoes, or cheezeburgers and fries.

I'd pay biiiiig.............
I'm with you. Strangely, when I was a smoker, I was a very healthy eater.

Now that I quit, I'm into burgers and fries, doughnuts and all those junk foods. Now I have to kick ANOTHER addiction. It's just not fair. What a cruel world we live in. Sure glad I'm not a nail-biter too.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:33 PM   #47
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post

Now that I quit, I'm into burgers and fries, doughnuts and all those junk foods. Now I have to kick ANOTHER addiction. It's just not fair. What a cruel world we live in. Sure glad I'm not a nail-biter too.
Yet.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2009, 01:43 PM   #48
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Towels are in the smaller of the boxes if I'm not in or conscious. Never mind the screaming woman, that's just SUmkIII, whom I always forget to inform of the "invitations" that I scatter around. She's really very nice. Just use the password "Harv and Vera in Morocco."
*snicker snort*
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:44 PM   #49
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
If MoeJoe can give up smoking, I can stop comfort eating. If I only eat when I'm hungry, and only until I'm not hungry, I'll be fine.
There was a programme recently on the BBC called '10 Things You Need to Know About Losing Weight'.

I think they advised against waiting till you're hungry to eat, because you end up eating more.

They did an interesting experiment. Gave one group of people a chicken and rice meal, washed down with a glass of water - another group the same, only blended into a soup. Examining their stomachs over the next few hours showed the soup eaters stayed fuller longer. So one tip was to blendersie your meals.

Other tips were eating low-fat dairy products helps excrete fat - so that was good; and protein foods stave off hunger because they tigger the 'I'm full' hormone in your brain.

Good luck everybody - whatever your chosen mission in the next few months.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:46 PM   #50
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
There was a programme recently on the BBC called '10 Things You Need to Know About Losing Weight'.

I think they advised against waiting till you're hungry to eat, because you end up eating more.

They did an interesting experiment. Gave one group of people a chicken and rice meal, washed down with a glass of water - another group the same, only blended into a soup. Examining their stomachs over the next few hours showed the soup eaters stayed fuller longer. So one tip was to blendersie your meals.

Other tips were eating low-fat dairy products helps excrete fat - so that was good; and protein foods stave off hunger because they tigger the 'I'm full' hormone in your brain.

Good luck everybody - whatever your chosen mission in the next few months.
Wow thanks that is really useful as I have put on a few inches since I quit.

Now will my blender be able to blenderise cheeseburgers and large chocolate bars.......
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2009, 01:49 PM   #51
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peverel View Post
Wow thanks that is really useful as I have put on a few inches since I quit.

Now will my blender be able to blenderise cheeseburgers and large chocolate bars.......
Yes, but only together...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:53 PM   #52
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Yes, but only together...
yummy
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:08 PM   #53
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:

Thanks for reminding me of something else I do..............
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:20 PM   #54
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Thanks for reminding me of something else I do..............
Name:  teddy_bear_sorry.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  12.6 KB
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:22 PM   #55
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Never mind. I'm just messed up.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:07 PM   #56
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue;
Confession time?
Chronology:

I was 12, my sister was 15. She decided if she's gonna get in trouble for smoking, then so am I. So she had me smoking right along with her and her friends.
and back then storekeepers had no problem selling cigarettes to a 12 year old.

I've heard many times that drug addicts who smoke cigarettes and also do cocaine have found it easier to quit using cocaine or other drugs than kicking nicotine.

Not only is it the addiction you must conquer, but the BEHAVIOR as well. You need to totally alter your behavior. It's hard to stop unconsciously reaching for that cigarette after dinner, when you get in the car, when you walk out of a store, when you leave work, when you walk the dog, when you're sitting on the deck with a cool drink, etc.

So all I can say is GO MOEJOE! CONGRATS.

And to everyone else who is tackling the challange as well.
Hey! and I thought my addiction was unusual!! I caught my BIG sister smoking she was 14 me 9, she hooked me from then on by supplying me with 'ciggies' & threats.

In the UK at that time small shopkeepers would supply anybody of any age with a single or packs of cigarettes. I finally "came out" with my parents at 13 when one of my fathers friends convinced him that it was OK. I paid for my habit with paper rounds.

I never even tried to give up until I watched a BBC documentary where a limp wristed doctor said you could only be successful if you made an honest pact with yourself that you really wanted to quit.

Well that worked for me as it gave the willpower to quit -I only gave up once & never have smoked since - it is really easy if you REALLY and Honestly want to.

Sory for the verbal diarrhoea but if it helps somebody to quit it is worth it.
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:43 PM   #57
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Congratulations, Moejoe! I hope you can stick with it and continue to write great stories.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:07 PM   #58
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Congrats MoeJoe
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:45 PM   #59
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
MoeJoe, when I saw your post about quitting smoking last week, it made me realize I was procrastinating about starting to get healthy. I also need to lose weight, something I've struggled with all my life.

When I was in my early 20's. I used to practically starve myself to lose weight. It totally messed up my system. Then, I gained a lot of weight with my pregnancies and had a few tragedies there which caused me to keep on the weight. Anyway, hitting 50 and realizing that I needed to get healthy so I could be around for Ryleigh, I decided to make some positive changes. Shannon and I started a workout program on Monday and have continued with it everyday this week, even doing it twice a day every other day. Because I have someone to do it with, the exercising doesn't seem like such a chore. And we are doing the work out mode on Dance Dance Revolution which makes the whole thing fun. I'll never be a Solid Gold Dancer, but I'm getting off my bum and moving which is the important thing.

So, thanks, MoeJoe and good luck.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:06 PM   #60
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
I'll never be a Solid Gold Dancer.

That is the best thing I read in this thread! Don't know about your references, but in Montréal, the Solid Gold is THE Strip Club, the one that attracts all tourists and that has publicity all over town!

Happy for you though, and for everyone improving their quality of life!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote