Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-04-2009, 10:33 AM   #16
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Ahhh now, there's the downside to all this. I can't write. My writing routine became so intertwined with smoking that every time I've tried to write since quitting, I can't get more than a paragraph before losing my concentration. Can't even edit at the minute without losing my train of thought.

I'm hoping that's only fleeting
Absolutely. Your body is fighting you tooth and nail to get another cancer stick between your lips. Transitory, yes, but it will feel like it will never end.

Hang in there. Grab a lollipop! Hell, I'll send you a case.........send your address.........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:39 AM   #17
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Absolutely. Your body is fighting you tooth and nail to get another cancer stick between your lips. Transitory, yes, but it will feel like it will never end.

Hang in there. Grab a lollipop! Hell, I'll send you a case.........send your address.........
Just got myself a bumper pack of Chupa Chups lollipops, and I think that's done the trick. Like a miracle cure I'm back to writing again Now I must have a Kojak avatar
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2009, 10:41 AM   #18
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Just got myself a bumper pack of Chupa Chups lollipops, and I think that's done the trick. Like a miracle cure I'm back to writing again Now I must have a Kojak avatar

Write fast to remove those extra calories ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:48 AM   #19
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Who loves ya, baby....btw.......they just started replaying his series here. I love love love that show......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kojak.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	30292  
Old 06-04-2009, 10:55 AM   #20
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Who loves ya, baby....btw.......they just started replaying his series here. I love love love that show......
I have the Series 1 DVD of Kojak, always worth a rewatch...all those 70's crime shows are still great, Kojak, Columbo, Banachek, Petrocelli...
Advert
Old 06-04-2009, 10:55 AM   #21
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Hey, anybody else want to join in with Moejoe? There is no time like the present - particularly for quitting smoking. My dad smoked for over fifty years until he finally went to his doctor with emphysema and his doctor told him "I don't suppose there's any way I can get you to stop smoking to save your life. You won't last much longer otherwise." He quit immediately somehow and has been smoke free for about 8 years. Only problem is that he waited so long that he struggles to get oxygen and uses a concentrator continuously. He's one respiratory infection away from the grave, at this point. So, how many more years would you like to wait to quit?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:58 AM   #22
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Hey, anybody else want to join in with Moejoe? There is no time like the present - particularly for quitting smoking. My dad smoked for over fifty years until he finally went to his doctor with emphysema and his doctor told him "I don't suppose there's any way I can get you to stop smoking to save your life. You won't last much longer otherwise." He quit immediately somehow and has been smoke free for about 8 years. Only problem is that he waited so long that he struggles to get oxygen and uses a concentrator continuously. He's one respiratory infection away from the grave, at this point. So, how many more years would you like to wait to quit?
Man, I can lay it on thick and heavy sometimes, can't I? Sorry about that.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:00 AM   #23
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:

No problems here, I have a history of heart-related problems in my family (Dad's side and all male/smokers) so it was as good a reason as any to stop. Health, money, the smell, but most of all....WHAT THE HELL WAS I DOING SUCKING IN SMOKE THROUGH MY MOUTH AND PAYING FOR THAT PRIVILIDGE!!!
Old 06-04-2009, 11:03 AM   #24
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Don't you dare be sorry. My mom smoked all her life (I grew up inhaling it) and I got to take care of her as she died from emphysema.

It was one bad habit I never wound up with.

Imagine my shock as I walked into her room finding her STARTING to light a cig, while on oxygen.....THATS how addictive this crap can be to some people

Her death was not pretty, people.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:27 AM   #25
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Hey, anybody else want to join in with Moejoe? There is no time like the present -
'sigh. They do say confession is good for the soul.

I need to lose about 30 lbs......seriously. I know how, WW works for me, it has in the past. I know the plan inside and out. I just don't have the desire. I can rationalize with the best of them.

1) I'm happy with myself
2) Life is to short to deny myself
3) Food is my comfort, my emotional support, screw you who are you to tell me I need to change??

So........heres the deal. Moejoe.....shall we do this together?

Yeah.....I can hear the howls already. "How can you compare overeating with smoking?? Nicotine is ADDICTIVE!!"

Let me tell you folks, I'm a fast food addict. Give me a cheeseburger, chicken nuggets, mac and cheeze, popcorn with lots of butter...and fried potatoes.....lots and lots of fried potatoes.

Staying away from these foods, denying myself a bowl of mashed potatoes when I want one, turns me into a bonafide *itch. Can't get much more addictive than that.

We have to be honest..I'll start tomorrow. There is some chicken salad in the fridge that needs to be eaten......

Whaddya say?
Old 06-04-2009, 11:35 AM   #26
ahammer
cybershark
ahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it is

Device: none
I think I maybe Addicted to the internet. this seems like not the time nor place to give it up. :Þ
ahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:42 AM   #27
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Yeah, okay. I'm heading off to WW now to get myself started. 40 pounds for me...

Damn, I hate exercising!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:56 AM   #28
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Yeah, okay. I'm heading off to WW now to get myself started. 40 pounds for me...

Damn, I hate exercising!
Walking is excellent exercise.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:57 AM   #29
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Yeah.....I can hear the howls already. "How can you compare overeating with smoking?? Nicotine is ADDICTIVE!!"
Food's addictive too. You eat less than your body thinks it needs and you'll know about it.

OK - I'm a bit overweight. Only 20 pounds or so, but that's 70,000 calories I didn't need that I ate.

If MoeJoe can give up smoking, I can stop comfort eating. If I only eat when I'm hungry, and only until I'm not hungry, I'll be fine.

So I'm in. I won't snack, and I won't over-eat. Perhaps I can lose that 20lb by this time next year. (I know - less than 1/2 lb a week doesn't sound a lot. But it's still 200 calories per day. I think I can manage that.)
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:03 PM   #30
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Food's addictive too. You eat less than your body thinks it needs and you'll know about it.

OK - I'm a bit overweight. Only 20 pounds or so, but that's 70,000 calories I didn't need that I ate.

If MoeJoe can give up smoking, I can stop comfort eating. If I only eat when I'm hungry, and only until I'm not hungry, I'll be fine.

So I'm in. I won't snack, and I won't over-eat. Perhaps I can lose that 20lb by this time next year. (I know - less than 1/2 lb a week doesn't sound a lot. But it's still 200 calories per day. I think I can manage that.)
Excellent!! For me, tho, it more than just not snacking. I have to change my eating habits completely. Therein lies the rub.......however, it can be done.............

Losing weight quickly isn't the answer......the slower you lose it, the longer you'll keep it off. So, yes, 1/2 lb or so a week is great.