Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-22-2017, 08:49 PM   #1441
restinginlove
Enthusiast
restinginlove can teach chickens to fly.restinginlove can teach chickens to fly.restinginlove can teach chickens to fly.restinginlove can teach chickens to fly.restinginlove can teach chickens to fly.restinginlove can teach chickens to fly.restinginlove can teach chickens to fly.restinginlove can teach chickens to fly.restinginlove can teach chickens to fly.restinginlove can teach chickens to fly.restinginlove can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADambi View Post
Probably firmware 5.8.1 was loaded...
Support for 5.8.10 added, untested.
Thank you! Now I am getting "your kindle is running firmware 5.8.10, which is not supported by this version of Collections Manager." I guess something in the new firmware broke it? This is what I get for OTA updating right after jailbreaking, that was stupid.
restinginlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 09:12 PM   #1442
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by restinginlove View Post
Thank you! Now I am getting "your kindle is running firmware 5.8.10, which is not supported by this version of Collections Manager." I guess something in the new firmware broke it? This is what I get for OTA updating right after jailbreaking, that was stupid.
No, those are not relegated.

The only CM version that supports 5.8.10 is a few posts above, at:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=1440
Is that the one you just tried?

Has any of your fingers (or toes) been even close to the "Reset" selection?

Did you see any messages on your screen when the new firmware version booted for the first time from the bridge code?

Try installing this package:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...69&postcount=5
It is probably not needed in your case, but will do no harm to let it re-install things.
BIG, BOLD, NOTE:
The above package is an exception to the "must use MrPI" rule.
You can put it in the topmost level of visible USB storage (unplug) and use UYK menu selection to install it.
(You can also 'boot into it' - which wasn't intended, but then that package is very new in its development - so we are not sure if that is a bug or a feature.)

Meanwhile, I'll look at the code changes posted and see if it is something as simple as not changing the message.
I don't see any changes that would have updated the firmware supported message.
That does not mean the author missed doing it, it just means I didn't find it.

If my suggestions above don't fix your problem, wait for the author to get back to you here.
(Like maybe subscribe to this thread if you haven't already.)

Last edited by knc1; 08-22-2017 at 09:19 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2017, 10:28 PM   #1443
restinginlove
Enthusiast
restinginlove can teach chickens to fly.restinginlove can teach chickens to fly.restinginlove can teach chickens to fly.restinginlove can teach chickens to fly.restinginlove can teach chickens to fly.restinginlove can teach chickens to fly.restinginlove can teach chickens to fly.restinginlove can teach chickens to fly.restinginlove can teach chickens to fly.restinginlove can teach chickens to fly.restinginlove can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
No, those are not relegated.

The only CM version that supports 5.8.10 is a few posts above, at:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=1440
Is that the one you just tried?
Yes, that is the one I just tried. Before I got the unexpected error (with 5.8.9 patched version), and when I tried the one in the first post of the thread, I also got the "firmware unsupported" message as well.

Quote:
Has any of your fingers (or toes) been even close to the "Reset" selection?
No!

Quote:
Did you see any messages on your screen when the new firmware version booted for the first time from the bridge code?
Um, something may have flashed on the bottom but I don't remember what it was. It wasn't an error or anything like that?

Quote:
Try installing this package:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...69&postcount=5
It is probably not needed in your case, but will do no harm to let it re-install things.
BIG, BOLD, NOTE:
The above package is an exception to the "must use MrPI" rule.
You can put it in the topmost level of visible USB storage (unplug) and use UYK menu selection to install it.
(You can also 'boot into it' - which wasn't intended, but then that package is very new in its development - so we are not sure if that is a bug or a feature.)

Meanwhile, I'll look at the code changes posted and see if it is something as simple as not changing the message.
I don't see any changes that would have updated the firmware supported message.
That does not mean the author missed doing it, it just means I didn't find it.

If my suggestions above don't fix your problem, wait for the author to get back to you here.
(Like maybe subscribe to this thread if you haven't already.)
I have MrPI but I used the UYK method to install that linked package, and am still getting "Unsupported Firmware." I will subscribe to thread updates in the meantime. Thank you!
Old 08-23-2017, 02:53 AM   #1444
ADambi
Enthusiast
ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.

Device: PW2 5.4.5.1
Should work on anything from 5.1.0 to 5.8.10 (except 5.6.1).
Attached Files
File Type: zip 0020-AdapterConfiguration-for-5.8.10.patch.zip (882 Bytes, 366 views)
File Type: azw2 CollectionsManager.azw2 (658.6 KB, 592 views)
ADambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 09:55 AM   #1445
restinginlove
Enthusiast

Quote:
It works! Thank you!
Advert
Old 09-21-2017, 11:05 PM   #1446
thawk
Connoisseur
thawk began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
Quote:
Thanks!
thawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 08:55 AM   #1447
ivegotkindle
ivegotkindle began at the beginning.

Device: KT3 5.8.10
Quote:
Hello, I used this on my KT3, firmware 5.8.10, and always got an unexpected error. In the error, its said that I can found the "stack trace" in /developer/Collection~ but there's nothing in that folder (the folder /developer is created but it's empty). It shows a blank page with text "ixtab" in the middle and then just throw an error.

On a side note, I can run KOreader and librarian sync flawlessly.

My installation step is:
1. Download CollectionsManager.azw2
2. Copy CollectionsManager.azw2 to /documents
3. Open CollectionsManager

Last edited by ivegotkindle; 10-04-2017 at 08:59 AM.
ivegotkindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 04:24 PM   #1448
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Hey folks, ixtab here.

I'm glad to see that even if I stepped down from the development of Collections Manager quite some time ago, there's still an active user (and developer!) community around it.

To me, that kinda proves two things:
  • The program can't be all that bad, if people still consider it useful
  • Open Source rocks! -- by the way, thanks A LOT to all the people who spend their time and effort to maintain and update this!

That said, while I probably won't be actively contributing to the development anymore, I'd still like to offer something -- namely, to update the first post to reflect the current state of affairs, and to make it easier to find current versions.

I'm not entirely sure what the best way to do this is. One option (in fact, the one I'd prefer) would be to place one or more (static) links to places where trusted active contributors could upload new versions, and links to the respective source code. I'm also fine with giving "proven contributors" commit access to the master repository at bitbucket, so that it could be kept up-to-date without requiring individual forks or messages scattered throughout this thread with new binaries -- instead, binaries could be put in the repository itself.

Another option (which I personally also don't have a problem with) would be to allow contributors to actually edit the first post -- but that's only possible for forum admins, so I guess that's not realistic.

Let me know what you think, especially if you're one of the heroes who created patches to support new firmware versions!

Please post your replies in this thread, only use Private Messages if there's really something confidential.

Thanks!

ixtab
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 05:58 PM   #1449
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Maybe use wiki.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 06:50 PM   #1450
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There are at least two contributors, and at least one of them has kept a github repository current with the changes.
Sorry, don't recall who, but listing attachments to this thread should find him.

NiLuJe is gone from the site.

Pointing at the wiki would do for the reading and writing, but this wiki does not allow attachments.

This forum software does not allow a thread's ownership to be passed to someone else.
So just turning over the first post to someone will not work, moving it to a wiki page and changing its index type to a link (like the k2pdf entry) would get the text to where others can maintain it.

The downloadable files will have to be from offsite - where more than a single "admin" can update them.
You or whoever takes over the "master" repo can do that from github.

I am very close to gone from this site myself.
So don't count on me to be around here.
Old 10-11-2017, 03:01 AM   #1451
gocho8
gocho8 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 3 (5.8.5 JB)
what about a google drive folder? ixtab owner and he adds the contributors to edit.
gocho8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 07:27 AM   #1452
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocho8 View Post
what about a google drive folder? ixtab owner and he adds the contributors to edit.
Because there is a lot more to maintaining software than just having an accessible copy.
Old 10-13-2017, 06:46 PM   #1453
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
ehh... oh, come on, knc1, don't be that grumpy...

What gocho8 suggested actually might make sense, at least for a place where trusted compiled versions could be found. But it still leaves open the question about how the source code could be maintained.

I'm still hoping for some of the contributors to chime in...
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 10:56 PM   #1454
iamagloworm
Connoisseur
iamagloworm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3 (Manga)
Hello,

I am struggling to get Collections Manager working properly on my PW3 (manga). Maybe you guys can advise me if I am doing something wrong.

First of all I wanted to put epubs into collections (which I access using kpv booklet and koreader) but it seems that is not supported.

Then, with collections of mobi and azw, I found that all my books tagged fiction were not put into the fiction collection and it was left empty. this is about 1200 books, so i suspected it might be due to the large number and sure enough splitting them into fiction1 and fiction2 made it work and they appear as roughly 600 in each.

is there a known specific hard limit on the number of books in a collection?

does LibrarianSync do a better job, or is more up to date for PW3? Would it put the epub and other "DOC" books into collections? I was going to give it a go, but couldn't find a python package for my device (0LK)
iamagloworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 03:16 AM   #1455
knc1
Going Viral

Use the python package in NiLuJe's snapshots thread.
Re-package it for you device model.

Start a thread for your re-packaged packages, attach them to the posts of that thread.
If there was somebody else available to do your work for you, it would have been done already.
Those models are not supported here, unless you decide to support them by re-packaging and posting things.

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks