Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 03-26-2012, 09:35 AM   #16
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Just tried on another book I am reading (this one auto posted to timeline a week ago), nothing from it today

seems totally broke for me, I can post to facebook wall manually though

agree that if its a bug its unintentional, but if its every book that's not in the US store, seems odd this wasn't picked up

one of these days Timeline/Pulse will work, but the last update took 2 months so could be a while
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:48 AM   #17
Cameronpaterson
Addict
Cameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, iPad, iPhone
The Facebook timeline reference to the book you read today may still be there - just not at the top. Timeline is unpredictable in what it prioritises.
For me the Timeline auto posting feature works - but patchily. Some books don't appear while others do. Undoubtedly this is due to the North American store glitch - but how many books aren't in both stores? Perhaps not that many.
Similarly, Pulse on the Vox does work - it just claims you don't exist when you are on the only one reading a particular book!
Cameronpaterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2012, 10:03 AM   #18
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
checked timeline activity log and nothing there, i have had this working, but seems to have stopped now

3 books today and non have auto posted to timeline (1 uk author and Dickens)

see that a lot about no one reading book, i usually go for the comments in pulse see what others think (not seen many of them for a while either)

perhaps I need to change the type of books I read
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:56 PM   #19
renee0986
Enthusiast
renee0986 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsalter View Post
doesnt surprise me that this is intentional, most extras are for kobo bought books

I only have a lot of side loaded because before I got my kobo I used Kindle app on my iPod, so had a large collection of books, most of these I converted to ePub in December ready for my Vox (any new kindle books I use kindle app)

going forward it wont be much of an issue, as I get most of my new books from kobo

minor annoyance, but nothing that will stop me enjoying my kobo
I guess having many of the extras only being available for Kobo bought books is how they ensure they make some money from book sales. However, given they stated they wanted the device to be free/open you would think they would open pulse to sideloaded books as well. Or perhaps there is some technical issue surrounding this that I am not aware of.

I haven't taken notice if my timeline has reported anything from side loaded books - I'll have to keep in mind to check on that the next time I read a sideloaded book. I'm currently reading a purchased one and all seems to be working fine, despite having to log in and out of my facebook account through vox every could of days when I get an error message stating that it was unable to post to FB.
renee0986 is offline   Reply With Quote