Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-03-2012, 07:35 PM   #1
suechef2
suechef2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo vox
Need to activate cookies to go online???

My internet service has been working just fine, then suddenly... not. It tells me I need to enable cookies in my "security preferences" but I have no idea how to do this, and it doesn't make sense since it was working just fine one minute and not the next.

The other night I lost connection to my wifi and couldn't get it back so I let the KV sleep on it and it was fine in the morning. No doubt this will be the same but I'm curious if this is a common issue and if there is a fix.

Many thanks,
Sue
suechef2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:58 PM   #2
BWinmill
Nameless Being

If it happened just once, I wouldn't really worry about it.

If it happens again, click the menu button, select "settings", and scroll down until you see the "accept cookies" option. The check box should have a check mark in it. (I'm assuming that you are using the standard web browser on the Vox.)
Advert
Old 01-03-2012, 08:36 PM   #3
suechef2
suechef2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo vox
Thank you. I let it have a little nap and it is okay now. I just got it and have been reading my head off and I think it gets tired and a little cantankerous after about 5 or 6 hours of that!
suechef2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:22 PM   #4
jefftheworld
Groupie
jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Vox
If you didn't change your cookie settings there's a chance the website itself is to blame. Occasionally bad web programing leads to issues like that.
jefftheworld is offline   Reply With Quote