Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-21-2024, 11:24 AM   #1
Ace
Ace began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Need help with Save template. Can you make conditions?

This is my current Save template:

{series} {series_index:0>2s} - {title} - {authors}

Which produces

"The Thrawn Trilogy 01 - Heir to the Empire - Timothy Zahn" and "- Allegiance - Timothy Zahn"

I would like it to produce "The Thrawn Trilogy 01 - Heir to the Empire - Timothy Zahn" and "Allegiance - Timothy Zahn"

So only the - before the title if it has a series. I've tried looking but couldn't find anything. Is it that possible to do?
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 01:31 PM   #2
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
Yep, somewhere in the manual there was a code for that.

Found it under template language
Code:
 {series}{series_index:| | - }{title}
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/tem...atelangcalibre

Last edited by Wiggo; 03-21-2024 at 01:33 PM.
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 03:42 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggo View Post
Yep, somewhere in the manual there was a code for that.

Found it under template language
Code:
 {series}{series_index:| | - }{title}
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/tem...atelangcalibre
Yea, the OP's exact question is answered in the "Advanced formatting" section of the part of the calibre manual you point to.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 01:49 PM   #4
Ace
Ace began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Wow. I tried looking I swear. I found so many threads and totally forgot to look at the basics. Sorry and thank you guys.
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
help calibre, question