Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 12-13-2019, 01:16 PM   #1
Maverick1962
Maverick1962 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Fire HD8
Sending books in series order to Amazon Fire

Apologies if this has already been posted.

I have many books that are part of a series.
I have these books in the correct series number order(1,2,3 & so on) on Calibre yet when I try to send these to my Amazon Fire the series are jumbled up(1,10,11 & so on)
Is there any way that I can send my books in number order to my Amazon Fire?
Any help/advice would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Maverick1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 10:14 AM   #2
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
1, 10, and 11 sounds like software prioritizing the first digit. The way around it would be numbering them 01, 02, 03, etc., but I suspect the booksellers wouldn't care for that.

How exactly are you sending them to your tablet? Sideloading is no longer recommended; I don't know why.

I favor a Fire tablet. Perhaps because I upgraded to Windows 10 (and because I don't particularly care for it!), the tablet is much less friendly than it used to be. I can't find a synch feature, and neither File Explorer (formerly Windows Explorer) nor WiFi File Explorer (an app I bought for this purpose some years ago) allow me to "see" the files on the Fire, very irritating.

Last edited by Notjohn; 12-14-2019 at 10:19 AM.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2019, 10:19 AM   #3
Lparsons21
Zealot
Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 4
I think sideloading isn’t recommended because the Kindle app won’t sync books added that way to other devices. I know that is why I don’t do it anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Lparsons21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 05:27 PM   #4
Maverick1962

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
1, 10, and 11 sounds like software prioritizing the first digit. The way around it would be numbering them 01, 02, 03, etc., but I suspect the booksellers wouldn't care for that.

How exactly are you sending them to your tablet? Sideloading is no longer recommended; I don't know why.

I favor a Fire tablet. Perhaps because I upgraded to Windows 10 (and because I don't particularly care for it!), the tablet is much less friendly than it used to be. I can't find a synch feature, and neither File Explorer (formerly Windows Explorer) nor WiFi File Explorer (an app I bought for this purpose some years ago) allow me to "see" the files on the Fire, very irritating.
I'm using calibre - E-book management to send the books to my Fire tablet.
I like to put the series name & number(ie; Dirk Pitt 1,Dirk Pitt 2)at the bottom of the book cover,I do this using paint,I have had to remove the DRM to allow me to do this but lets me see at a glance the series numbers on my tablet.

The books not appearing in numerical order is annoying,but not an enjoyment killer,its more my being picky & wanting things in order,maybe a bit OCD of me?
Old 12-14-2019, 09:48 PM   #5
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1962 View Post
I'm using calibre - E-book management to send the books to my Fire tablet.
I like to put the series name & number(ie; Dirk Pitt 1,Dirk Pitt 2)at the bottom of the book cover,I do this using paint,I have had to remove the DRM to allow me to do this but lets me see at a glance the series numbers on my tablet.

The books not appearing in numerical order is annoying,but not an enjoyment killer,its more my being picky & wanting things in order,maybe a bit OCD of me?
Sorry, that's the way that they always sort, when you use plain numbers, as you say--1, 10, 11 and the like. Have you tried 01, 02, etc.? I don't think that will actually solve it, but...{shrug}, you can try it.

I just find it easier to use the titles--"Adventures of whomever, Book 1" "...Book 2" and so on.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2019, 09:41 AM   #6
Maverick1962

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Sorry, that's the way that they always sort, when you use plain numbers, as you say--1, 10, 11 and the like. Have you tried 01, 02, etc.? I don't think that will actually solve it, but...{shrug}, you can try it.

I just find it easier to use the titles--"Adventures of whomever, Book 1" "...Book 2" and so on.

Hitch
Thanks Hitch
I will try the 01-02 way & see if it works.
I really think its a bit of my OCD,wanting everything perfect & in perfect order.
I find everything that I do,I do better when it is organised,sorted in the correct order.
Old 12-15-2019, 02:22 PM   #7
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1962 View Post
Thanks Hitch
I will try the 01-02 way & see if it works.
I really think its a bit of my OCD,wanting everything perfect & in perfect order.
I find everything that I do,I do better when it is organised,sorted in the correct order.
You aren't alone in that. :-) Why do you think I know that the 1-10-11 thing happens? :-D

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote