Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-23-2019, 08:14 AM   #796
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: KOBO Libra H2O, Kobo Clara HD, Inkpad 3, BOOX Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by muiwuwei View Post
I followed the instructions of Lykke(many thanks for them) and installed the new firmware from pocketbook on my Inkpad 3 that I ordered from https://www.decitre.fr/liseuses/lise...152095542.html
I do not understand why they would remove chess and Sudoku which I play occasionally. Also, I guess as many others, I am not too keen on some of these commercial interfaces.

But now, my Inkpad has been set free into the matrix.

Lykke, I thank you for the instructions and my Inkpad 3 seems to be working well for the moment being. Maybe I will read some Knausgård. Love live e-readers.

Nothing has been removed, you just need to reset the settings (Factory reset, without losing files / reinitialisation usine), then you will see all the applications back.
* I have met with it several times, after installation or restore, the update disappeared half of the application, which came back after reinitialization.

TiP ~ Or extrait this folder to "application" Download (sudoku / chess) here :
1) Download : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/at...1&d=1569237659
2) Extract "chess.app and sudoku.app" to folder "application"
3) Start game ;-)
*It's just a link to start games, the games themselves are already in your reader.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PB740_Games.zip (651 Bytes, 25 views)

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 09-23-2019 at 08:25 AM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 04:40 AM   #797
Lykke
Connoisseur
Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 3
Yep, it seems that updates, especially after installing several update packages, can introduce issues. I experienced crashes when page counts were calculated, and the file name sorting feature disappeared. I had to perform both a factory reset and then a internal memory format (from the Pocketbook's Settings) in order to fix it. You should always back up your device before doing any of this. Export your notes and then back up the file system to another device.
Lykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 01:58 PM   #798
Lykke
Connoisseur
Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMole View Post
First, I forgot to write that I only read ePubs. No idea for hyphenation in other formats.

Codepage matters. UTF-8 works for me, check your dic file (it's just text). Also the name must be hyph_XX.dic where XX is the two letter mnemonic for norwegian.
And yes, I put it where all the other hyph files are, under adobe. Try it with a freshly loaded book, turn hyph. on-off-on to force a refresh.

I'm pretty sure the reader app uses some Adobe code: no support for small-caps, a typical Adobe issue.

This solution worked for me for HU language also with ADE. Since then PB added proper hyph_hu.dic to the firmware, but I keep overwriting it with mine (OpenOffice) because the stock one does not support non-standard hyphenation (like: vissza - visz-sza).
I got hyphenation working for Norwegian! I did everything right the first time, but the thing is that most Norwegian ebooks come with left-aligned paragraphs by default. I edited the CSS file of one book, replacing text-align: left with text-align: justify in the paragraph formatting, and hyphenations now work.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:15 PM   #799
sirtao
sirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD
September 20th a firmware update for PB631\Touch HD 2 has been released
sirtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 06:20 AM   #800
ldmobi
ldmobi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
Nothing has been removed, you just need to reset the settings (Factory reset, without losing files / reinitialisation usine), then you will see all the applications back.
* I have met with it several times, after installation or restore, the update disappeared half of the application, which came back after reinitialization.

3) Start game ;-)
*It's just a link to start games, the games themselves are already in your reader.
On my inkpad3 I have a custom light profile for intensity and color temperature throughout the day.
Is there any way I can backup and restore it, so that I don’t have to set it again, after a reset?
ldmobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 06:23 AM   #801
ldmobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykke View Post
Yep, it seems that updates, especially after installing several update packages, can introduce issues. I experienced crashes when page counts were calculated, and the file name sorting feature disappeared. I had to perform both a factory reset and then a internal memory format (from the Pocketbook's Settings) in order to fix it. You should always back up your device before doing any of this. Export your notes and then back up the file system to another device.
When you say back up the system do you mean copying the folder somewhere else and then copying it back, on he the reset has been done?
For notes, if you import them back, using the notes application, do they maintain the connection with their book, or do they become a stand alone file?
Old 11-16-2019, 11:29 PM   #802
muiwuwei
muiwuwei began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Pocketbook Inkpad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post

3) Start game ;-)
I see. I definitely jumped into to conclusions swiftly. Thank you for explaining and guiding how to get install the games. Much appreciated.
muiwuwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 01:08 PM   #803
Lykke
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldmobi View Post
When you say back up the system do you mean copying the folder somewhere else and then copying it back, on he the reset has been done?
For notes, if you import them back, using the notes application, do they maintain the connection with their book, or do they become a stand alone file?
A month late answer, but in case anyone needs the info: Yes, you copy all the files from the file system onto a separate disk, AFTER you have exported the notes. Remember to also copy the hidden folders, in case you have installed custom dictionaries or other stuff. Yes, the notes can be imported back. The notes integration look for the checksum of a file, so as long as you don't modify the ebook files it won't be a problem.
Old 11-29-2019, 03:32 AM   #804
ldmobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykke View Post
A month late answer, but in case anyone needs the info: Yes, you copy all the files from the file system onto a separate disk, AFTER you have exported the notes. Remember to also copy the hidden folders, in case you have installed custom dictionaries or other stuff. Yes, the notes can be imported back. The notes integration look for the checksum of a file, so as long as you don't modify the ebook files it won't be a problem.
Thank you very much, I appreciate it!
The info about how it recognizes the book for notes integration is precious: I lost a lot of time to king it was about file name or metadata...
Old 11-29-2019, 06:16 AM   #805
Lykke
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldmobi View Post
Thank you very much, I appreciate it!
The info about how it recognizes the book for notes integration is precious: I lost a lot of time to king it was about file name or metadata...
Do note that by default Calibre will automatically update metadata that is embedded in the OPF file, even by just opening a book in Viewer or Editor. You must turn off various settings to prevent it from doing so, or it will alter the checksum of the book. I take backups of my files regularly, so that if they're touched by some program I can revert back and let the notes stay "attached".
Old 11-30-2019, 05:38 AM   #806
Lykke
Connoisseur

The strength of the notes that Pocketbook generates, is that you can export them as HTML directly to the device and then sync them through Dropbox. Even if the Notes app doesn't recognize the book anymore, you can still read your highlights, comments and screenshots with any HTML viewer. You don't need a third-party app like KOReader for this anymore.
Old 11-30-2019, 06:13 AM   #807
ezdiy
Enthusiast
ezdiy inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.ezdiy inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.ezdiy inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.ezdiy inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.ezdiy inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.ezdiy inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.ezdiy inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.ezdiy inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.ezdiy inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.ezdiy inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.ezdiy inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.

Device: KT, KPW4, PB740-2
U740-2.5.20.1155 - PocketBook InkPad 3 Pro - 16GB, IPX8, BT, no sdcard version.

Interestingly no product page for this device apparently exists, even though it's widely sold in europe. I've had to rip it from OTA: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YPa...bp-1NDyl8_-ME/

Hold-leftright-buttons factory reset debrick work as usual with it.

Again, PB742-2 is DIFFERENT device than https://www.pocketbook-int.com/us/su...tbook-inkpad-3 - firmwares from that page don't work on PB740-2.
ezdiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 11:57 AM   #808
darbieg
darbieg has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: brak
https://pocketbook.pl/pl-pl/support-pl
darbieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 02:32 AM   #809
ezdiy
Enthusiast
ezdiy inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.ezdiy inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.ezdiy inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.ezdiy inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.ezdiy inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.ezdiy inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.ezdiy inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.ezdiy inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.ezdiy inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.ezdiy inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.ezdiy inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.

Device: KT, KPW4, PB740-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by darbieg View Post
The rumours were true, pocketbook is simply atrocious with anything web related. Nice to see at least the polish distributor's site being able to keep up to date.
ezdiy is offline   Reply With Quote