Notices

Old 11-25-2018, 03:27 AM   #1
mati_andrut
mati_andrut began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, Onyx Boox Max 2
Red face Onyx Max 2 cover and guidance

Hi All,

I have two questions which I could not solve on my own on Onyx Boox Max 2

1. How to in easy way jump between reading application (kindle) and native note application?
Right now for me it looks like i have to use back key to get out of the application to the main screen and then choose the note application.
(Worth to note is fact that I cannot see upper status bar while in kindle app)
Perfect scenario for me would be to travel between this 2 applications back and forth to read and make handwritten notes.

2. I have bought onyx boox max 2 original cover and I do not think it works as is should - the device is not waking up when I am opening the lid of the cover.

Thank you very much for any answer in advance and sorry for my english.

BR.
Mateusz
mati_andrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 04:07 AM   #2
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
For 1.
I use an app Buttons remapper where I set the config:
Key: MENU -> Action: Recent apps
Now when I click the hamburger button (the left-most hardware key) I get the screen with running apps.

For 2.
I am not aware of any such intelligent cover for Max 2. You can use any cover you like to protect&carry the device but the only way, which I am aware of, to wake up the device is the power button.

EDIT:
For your usage, I would set the page-left button to launch Notes, page-right to launch Kindle

Last edited by plusz; 11-25-2018 at 04:11 AM.
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 09:19 PM   #3
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mati_andrut View Post

2. I have bought onyx boox max 2 original cover and I do not think it works as is should - the device is not waking up when I am opening the lid of the cover.
Strange. I recently bought the official Onyx cover to use with my Max1. I hadn't expected it to work as a sleep cover, but was pleasantly pleased to find out that it does. That makes me think that it should also work as a sleep cover for the Max2.

Have you checked your power management settings? After a certain amount of time in sleep mode, I have mine set so that it will power off. In such a case simply opening the cover would not wake it up.

The other thing you might want to look into is the placement of the magnets in the cover which trigger the wake/sleep function. I remember reading that some people were experiencing issues with their Onyx Note covers not working properly. Apparently it had to do with the improper positioning of the magnets in some covers.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 01:40 AM   #4
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by plusz View Post
the only way, which I am aware of, to wake up the device is the power button
Not directly useful in this context, but there is a command
Code:
adb shell input keyevent KEYCODE_POWER
that I report anyway because it could get one day useful as a component, just in case.
(For example: hardware buttons are a nightmare when they break.)
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 04:51 AM   #5
Arjava
Arjava began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
Yuck,the power button on my Max 2 is broken!And even 1688 don't have replacement
Arjava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 05:30 AM   #6
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
On most Android devices (like phones), "screen off" is only standby and Bluetooth devices and even USB devices might stay connected. Most Eink readers go to a deeper sleep, are not active and only a pushbutton, magnetic cover sensor or plugging in USB will wake them.

I just got a project mostly working, Bluetooth steering wheel controls for my navigation (LCD) tablet. The buttons go directly to apps or specific onboard system status webpages and also volume and brightness. Any button will turn the screen on and one button turns the screen off (KEYCODE_SLEEP).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	keypad1.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	191714  
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 10:45 AM   #7
Arjava

Is there any way I can Double Tap to wake Max 2 up?
Old 01-20-2022, 12:43 PM   #8
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjava View Post
Is there any way I can Double Tap to wake Max 2 up?
I wouldn't think so.
Doesn't it power on when you plug in the USB? Can you just use a cheesy portable "power bank"? Does that work?
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 10:59 PM   #9
Arjava

I have not try it with Max 2,but my 2 other e-reader wouldn't wake up even after plugging in the charging cable,only the power button worked