Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-23-2013, 02:19 PM   #1
txgecko
Enthusiast
txgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Pocketbook Color
Nook Study

I'm a student looking to buy my textbooks for this semester, and one of the ones I need is cheapest from the Barnes and Nobles nook study thing. I don't know much about it, generally being a kindle person, so I thought mobileread would be the place to start asking questions. So, here goes:

1) Is this some analog to amazon's print replica books, or is it web-based? (ie. is it a file I can just keep on my laptop, or am I going to have to have a constant internet connection to use it? I used a browser-based cafe-scribe book once, and it was not a good experience.)

2) Is it user friendly? If I get a great price for something, but then go nuts trying to get the wretched thing to work properly, I'm not sure that's the best exchange.

Thanks!
txgecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:26 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgecko View Post
1) Is this some analog to amazon's print replica books, or is it web-based? (ie. is it a file I can just keep on my laptop, or am I going to have to have a constant internet connection to use it? I used a browser-based cafe-scribe book once, and it was not a good experience.)
I know nothing about Nook Study, but the FAQ says...
Quote:
Do I need to be connected to the Internet to read my eTextbook?
No. Once you've downloaded your eTextbook it is accessible to you anytime from NOOK Study. However, you will need to be online to take advantage of the Lookup features or when syncing your books.

Quote:
2) Is it user friendly? If I get a great price for something, but then go nuts trying to get the wretched thing to work properly, I'm not sure that's the best exchange.
I appears that most text books have a 7-day trial, so maybe the one you need does? No better way to judge how it works than to give it a try.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2013, 11:00 AM   #3
txgecko
Enthusiast
txgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Pocketbook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I appears that most text books have a 7-day trial, so maybe the one you need does? No better way to judge how it works than to give it a try.
eh, not that I can see. But then, I'm not used to B&N's website; I'm probably just not looking in the right place. I'll see if I can find it. Thanks.
txgecko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
etextbooks, nook, nook study, textbooks