Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 05-27-2016, 08:45 AM   #16
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
For those interested, I updated the stats for the Top 20 public libraries based on their OverDrive Audiobook collections. I also included how much they rose or fell on the list since the last update.

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 01:34 PM   #17
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I've been very pleased with the Hoopla selection from my library, but that player leaves a lot to be desired.

If I could find a away, I would liberate Hoopla content to listen to in a better player, and just delete it when it's time to return, as is done with mp3 library loans.

But it doesn't look like anyone's hacked Hoopla's DRM yet.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 04:26 PM   #18
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
I've been very pleased with the Hoopla selection from my library, but that player leaves a lot to be desired.

If I could find a away, I would liberate Hoopla content to listen to in a better player, and just delete it when it's time to return, as is done with mp3 library loans.

But it doesn't look like anyone's hacked Hoopla's DRM yet.
The player stinks, but at this point, I'd be happy if Hoopla would just download content to the SD card and not the internal memory.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 12:17 AM   #19
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just lost Hoopla at one of my libraries - budget crunch doncha know:

Quote:
Due to 2017 budget reductions, Freegal and Hoopla are no longer being provided by Timberland Regional Library. If you have questions, please contact Ask-A-Librarian.
Old 01-31-2017, 05:11 PM   #20
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I just lost Hoopla at one of my libraries - budget crunch doncha know:
Bummer. Hoopla is not my first choice. I much prefer Overdrive. But still, it's sad to see a library having to reduce their choices.
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 05:22 PM   #21
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawasteele View Post
Bummer. Hoopla is not my first choice. I much prefer Overdrive. But still, it's sad to see a library having to reduce their choices.
Yep, it's a shame. At least one of my other libraries still has it.