Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-01-2020, 05:53 PM   #1
Yury
Yury began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle K4 & PW2
PW2: Latest .mobi books loaded through USB are not visible on a Home screen

A few latest .mobi books that were created/converted by Calibre and loaded with Windows File Manager through USB cable are not visible on a Home screen of my PW2.
I already have about 200 books on this device and most of them were created/converted by Calibre and loaded through USB interface over the last several years.

Troubleshooting:
1) I copied a couple of these books to my Kindle K4 and they are visible on a Home screen of that device.
So I assume that this is sufficient conformation that these books are not broken.

2) I deleted content of a "System/Search Indexes" folder of Kindle PW2
- disconnected from PC
- connected to PC
- Index started getting rebuilt: .lg and .db files reappeared - .lg = 1 KB; .db = 40 KB
- disconnected from PC
- connected to external power source
- closed the lid
- waited until indexing has finished (searched for "." and "Text in Books (0)" menu was greyed out)
- these books have not appeared on a Home screen

I would appreciate an advice on how to access these books.
I have quite a few books in partially read state and would like to avoid "Reset" command.

Note: It was the first attempt to load books that were created/converted on a new laptop with a new version of Calibre. I am not sure whether this is important because the same books were successfully loaded on Kindle K4.
All other steps were the same that worked OK for me before.
Yury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 06:00 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Convert to azw3, not mobi.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2020, 09:54 PM   #3
Yury
Yury began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle K4 & PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Convert to azw3, not mobi.
Why to convert to .azw3?
What's wrong with these 3 .mobi files as compared to previous 150 .mobi files that were loaded OK?

Note: I converted these 3 books to .azw3 and was able to see them on my Kindle.
Yury is offline   Reply With Quote