Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-10-2019, 06:17 PM   #1
-sara-
-sara- began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Slide button won't wake up nor send to sleep KK

Hi,
I'm new to the forum and I'm here as a last resort after surfing the net for a fix for my kindle's issue.

So my kindle keyboard's slide button won't wake up or send to sleep, if I try the reset by holding the slide button for 20 seconds it does indeed reset my kindle and I can read a book just fine afterwards, the problem is I can't use the slide button to send it to sleep, it does nothing, and after a while it will go to sleep and I won't be able to wake it up again. So I'm left with the only option of reseting it every time it goes to sleep.
-sara- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 08:34 PM   #2
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
When it is asleep, does plugging it into a computer USB port wake it up?
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:23 PM   #3
-sara-

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
When it is asleep, does plugging it into a computer USB port wake it up?
Hi!, just plugged it to my pc, it just shows the orange led in the button as in charging, the screen stuck in asleep mode, after 5 minutes showed that it was restarting and then the usb drive mode, I ejected the kindle and the screen showed me the library, but still if I slide the button it won't go to sleep mode or turn off, it's just a matter of time untill it goes into sleep mode on its own and then I won't be able to do anything until a I reset it, it's an endless loop
Old 07-10-2019, 09:57 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Sounds like the switch is wearing out or has some crud preventing proper function. I’d be tempted to squirt some of that fluid that cleans off electrical contacts in there and see if it helps.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 07:22 AM   #5
-sara-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Sounds like the switch is wearing out or has some crud preventing proper function. I’d be tempted to squirt some of that fluid that cleans off electrical contacts in there and see if it helps.
I opened my kindle and the button seems to work just fine, no grim or anything preventing it to move, I'm at loss at what to try next :/
Old 07-11-2019, 02:18 PM   #6
-sara-

well.. problem solved, I'll buy a used one today, same model. At least I'll have spare parts if the new one breaks

Tags
kindle 3, kindle keyboard, won't shut down, won't start up