Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-04-2010, 05:07 AM   #1
artur
Enthusiast
artur is on a distinguished road

Device: (broken) iLiad 2, DR800S, Sony 505
Should I use Callibre?

When using Callibre, I have only access to the Books folder, not Personal Documents or other. Is at all using Callibre a sensible thing with DR800?
artur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 05:40 AM   #2
Dellaster
本の虫
Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle3, DXG, Fire · iPad, iPod
Quote:
Originally Posted by artur View Post
When using Callibre, I have only access to the Books folder, not Personal Documents or other. Is at all using Callibre a sensible thing with DR800?
"Save to disk" -> navigate to whatever folder on the DR800's SD card you wish. I particularly like "Save to disk in a single directory" which just transfers the ebook file, not an ebook inside a folder, when putting things into my categorized folders in Personal Documents.
Dellaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2010, 08:24 AM   #3
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Calibre works well with the DR range especially as there are setups for the 1000 & the 800. Although I have the 1000 I occasionally use the 800 layout as it just makes things a bit bigger (I'm lazy).
As Dellaster says, just save to disk in whatever directory you choose.
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:23 AM   #4
catharsis
Addict
catharsis began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG, Onyx Boox M92
How can I edit metadata on the books already copied onto the DR800? Or I just can't?
catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:47 AM   #5
Landrovan
Enthusiast
Landrovan began at the beginning.

Device: dr800sg
In calibre, you should have a reader icon on the top. Click it, and the book list will be the book on your reader. You can then change metadata by clicking a book and "edit metadata" after.
Landrovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2010, 05:13 AM   #6
ErikG
Enthusiast
ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: iRex DR800S, Kindle DX, Kobo H2O, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage
I just tried this but it doesn't work.
From books in the calibre library the change metadata button is availble but not when I switch to the view of my books on the dr800s.
I am using the new 0.7.0 build of calibre.
ErikG is offline   Reply With Quote