Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-27-2023, 04:53 PM   #16
reminon
Enthusiast
reminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Scribe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
Have you tried rebooting ? does it always say bridge+ ? would you mind talking over in dms or on discord? afaik this is the first Scribe jb so the bridge isnt optimized for it
Messaged you on discord.

Last edited by reminon; 10-27-2023 at 04:56 PM.
reminon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 05:30 PM   #17
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
I managed to do it on a pw3! I skipped step 15 because my Kindle restarted before I could copy the files. But it ended up working out anyway. It is not possible to install KUAL yet.
Thank you very much!
I don't know anything about this JB except that is has been announced, so I can't help.

But people that can might be able to do a better job helping if you tell your PW3 firmware version.
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2023, 05:56 PM   #18
DarkWolf
DarkWolf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3, PW4
Hello,
i tried multiple times on a Paperwhite Signature 11th edition, 5.16.2.1. After the Power on screen, i can connect the PC, but dont get a device to copy files to.
Tried like Bella and ignore it, seems not to work for me. Maybe wrong language, which is meant here with pseudodot language? I get a list of languages, the last 2 on the right side are chinese symbols, i dont know which is right. Tried the upper one, but it did nothing.
DarkWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 06:10 PM   #19
Bella
Bella began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
I don't know anything about this JB except that is has been announced, so I can't help.

But people that can might be able to do a better job helping if you tell your PW3 firmware version.
Oh, sorry, I forgot to mention. It's on firmware 5.16.2.1.1
Bella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 06:23 PM   #20
reminon
Enthusiast
reminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

I had to instantly insert the cable when the screen popped up, or I got the same result.
Advert
Old 10-27-2023, 07:04 PM   #21
Bella
Bella began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWolf View Post
Hello,
i tried multiple times on a Paperwhite Signature 11th edition, 5.16.2.1. After the Power on screen, i can connect the PC, but dont get a device to copy files to.
Tried like Bella and ignore it, seems not to work for me. Maybe wrong language, which is meant here with pseudodot language? I get a list of languages, the last 2 on the right side are chinese symbols, i dont know which is right. Tried the upper one, but it did nothing.
The top one is Japanese and the bottom one is Chinese. I clicked on the bottom one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20231027_200023_026.jpg
Views:	723
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	204450  
Bella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 07:18 PM   #22
hartleyshc
hartleyshc began at the beginning.

Device: Nook 1st Gen, KT4, PW4, PW5-SE
Fully successful on a PW5 Signature Edition running 5.15.1

Had some slight deviation from the instructions. As others have said, the usb connection after the demo reboot is very quick. I had missed that window the first time, and just started again from the beginning.

After I successfully connected the usb again and copied the files over again at the power screen, when it booted, it booted back into Chinese Demo mode.

Navigated through and used Google translate on my phone to find the Resell button.
Ran the hotfix after that step. Booted into normal English mode.

Was able to install KUAL and got KOReader installed as well.
Now just need to find how to stop updates. I'd like to keep wireless enabled so I can use OPDS.

Edit: So apparently the renameotabin extension still works as it did before (at least on 5.15.1). So far no updates and I have been online for a while now.

Last edited by hartleyshc; 10-28-2023 at 12:41 PM.
hartleyshc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 07:24 PM   #23
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Do you guys know how to skip first time sign-in on Kindle Scribe? I am afraid it will force update as soon as the user signs-in making this JB impossible.
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 07:58 PM   #24
hackoder
hackoder began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartleyshc View Post
Navigated through and used Google translate on my phone to find the Resell button.
Ran the hotfix after that step. Booted into normal English mode.
Can you clarify what you did after you found the Resell button? I am in the same spot; it reboots into Chinese demo mode.
hackoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 07:58 PM   #25
henrizito
henrizito began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
So will this really work on PW2 FW 5.12.2.2? I really tried today a few times and when it reboots, it doesn't make me choose the language
henrizito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 08:11 PM   #26
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@henrizito
PW2’s last FW is 5.12.2.2.
Try other JB methods, for example, KindleBreak or WatchThis

Last edited by mergen3107; 10-29-2023 at 01:18 AM.
Old 10-27-2023, 08:15 PM   #27
reminon
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
Do you guys know how to skip first time sign-in on Kindle Scribe? I am afraid it will force update as soon as the user signs-in making this JB impossible.
I don't believe you can. At least I wasn't able to. I just placed it into airplane mode as soon as I got past the sign-in. I am fully jailbroken on my scribe on 5.16.2 with kual and koreader.

Last edited by reminon; 10-27-2023 at 08:18 PM.
Old 10-27-2023, 08:24 PM   #28
mergen3107
Wizard

@reminon

Hello again
Thanks! I am really tempted right now to buy Kindle Scribe new from Amazon with 20% trade-in from my K3 before there is old FW in the boxes…
Old 10-27-2023, 08:28 PM   #29
naulels
naulels began at the beginning.

Device: PPW5 LOCK
sorry, i don't understand. Can i install koreader after do it
naulels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 08:29 PM   #30
mergen3107
Wizard

@naulels
Assuming you have success installing this jailbreak, yes!

Tags
jailbreak, jailbreak 5.16..2.1.1, languagebreak