Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-27-2021, 04:39 PM   #1
Naed
Naed began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad Mini 2: Desktop W10 client
How to prevent metadata download from replacing data with empty fields?

Hello

I am trying to update the metadata via the "download metadata and covers" option, which technically does what it is supposed to.

However i am in the situation that i would like to keep the data in specific fields (if the returned data is empty)

As can be seen in the image below, the publisher (Sasquatch Books) would be replaced with nothing.

Is there a way to tell Calibre to NOT delete data in that way?

Naed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 04:47 PM   #2
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Does it actually replace it with a blank value, though? I've never seen Download Metadata overwrite with a null value.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2021, 05:03 PM   #3
Naed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Does it actually replace it with a blank value, though? I've never seen Download Metadata overwrite with a null value.
Thank you for that question, a deep breath was needed to actually open my eyes and see what the interface was telling me.

"If a downloaded value is blank or unknown, the original value is used"

However, that brings me to a question about covers.

When grabbing metadata and covers with the previously mentioned option. It finds covers that are smaller in size than what is currently imbedded in the file. Is there a setting for controlling that (which i have missed)?
Old 03-27-2021, 07:26 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
the same rules apply to covers: They DO NOT overwrite existing unless you click the arrow for that item.
What you ca NOT do is Block a blank being filled in with (faulty) data from the right.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 03:23 AM   #5
Naed

thank you very much to both of you

That clears it all up
Advert