Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-17-2019, 10:26 PM   #2011
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Free from Sourcebooks...

Where There's Smoke by Karen Kelley
https://www.amazon.com/Where-Theres-.../dp/B007GAHTME

Meet the Earl at Midnight (Midnight Meetings Book 1) by Gina Conkle
https://www.amazon.com/Meet-Earl-Mid.../dp/B00HUTVG02

Billion Dollar Cowboy (Cowboys & Brides Book 1) by Carolyn Brown
https://www.amazon.com/Billion-Dolla.../dp/B00BEXP5HK

Free from Vivian Arend. I think book one is semi-permafree, but other books in the series usually aren't...

Rocky Mountain Heat (Six Pack Ranch Book 1)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06X3Y84N1

Rocky Mountain Angel (Six Pack Ranch Book 4)
https://www.amazon.com/Rocky-Mountai.../dp/B06X6KPYW4
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 10:59 PM   #2012
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
They closed down their eBook store years ago and only sell paper books directly to consumers.
Ugh. I was seeing an ebook "buy" option but just went back and looked and see that it's just links to off site stores. I have zero interest in paper books, even if they are free so it looks like that program is a dud for me.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2019, 11:11 PM   #2013
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Freebies

Kiss Me Like This (The Morrisons #1) by Bella Andre
Spoiler:
Sean Morrison, one of six siblings and the top college baseball player in the country, is reeling from a heartbreakingly painful loss. Nothing seems to matter anymore...until the night Serena Britten unexpectedly ends up in his arms.

Serena is a world-famous model who has only ever wanted to be normal, even though her mother has always pushed her to become a superstar. Though it isn't easy to try to leave everyone and everything she knows behind, Serena is determined to enroll in college. More than anything, she wants to turn her love for books into a new career that she actually loves. Only, she never expected to meet someone like Sean on campus--or to be instantly consumed by their incredible chemistry and connection.

But when the pressures of her high-profile modeling career only get bigger and more demanding, will it make living a normal life as a college student--and falling in love with the hottest guy on campus--impossible?

Kindle | Kobo

Grave Intentions (Grave #1) by Lori Sjoberg
[originally published by Kensington 2013]
Spoiler:
Be careful what you reap. You might fall in love with her...

One act of mercy before dying was all it took to turn soldier David Anderson into a reaper—an immortal who guides souls-of-untimely-death into the afterlife. But the closer he gets to atoning for his mortal sin and finally escaping merciless Fate, the more he feels his own humanity slipping away for good. Until he encounters Sarah Griffith. This skeptical scientist can’t be influenced by his powers—even though she has an unsuspected talent for sensing the dead. Her honesty and irreverent sense of humor reignite his reason for living—and a passion he can’t afford to feel. Now Fate has summoned David to make a devastating last harvest. He’ll break every hellishly-strict netherworld rule to save Sarah...and gamble on a choice even an immortal can’t win.

Kindle
Old 04-17-2019, 11:50 PM   #2014
apesmom
Wizard

Getting Schooled (Getting Some #1) by Emma Chase - $0.99
Spoiler:
Head of the class...

Garrett Daniels has this whole life thing figured out.

The cocky, charismatic former high school star quarterback is an idolized football coach and "cool" teacher in the hometown where he's not just a golden boy — he's platinum. He has good friends, a great house on the lake, and the best damn sidekick a man could ask for: Snoopy, the albino beagle.

Then...Callie Carpenter comes home.

And knocks him right on his tight end zone.

Back to school...

Callie has a pretty sweet life herself...on the other side of the country. But circumstances — that she'd prefer to never speak of again — have brought her back home, helping out her parents and substitute teaching at her old high school.

Now she's facing bickering, raging hormones, constant gossip, awkward weirdness, and drama galore...and that's just the teachers.

Just like old times...

When Garrett offers to show his former high school sweetheart the secrets of his winning teacher ways, Callie jumps at the chance - and then has to stop herself from jumping him.

Good friends are all they can ever be.

Or...these teachers just might end up getting schooled — hard —by love.

Kindle
Old 04-18-2019, 12:22 AM   #2015
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Ugh. I was seeing an ebook "buy" option but just went back and looked and see that it's just links to off site stores. I have zero interest in paper books, even if they are free so it looks like that program is a dud for me.
Yeah, I don't really do paper anymore either. Although my nephew prefers paper so maybe I'll sign up and eventually be able to get him a free book or two.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2019, 07:28 AM   #2016
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Yeah, I don't really do paper anymore either. Although my nephew prefers paper so maybe I'll sign up and eventually be able to get him a free book or two.
I signed up as I will buy enough digital books of theirs in 2 years to qualify and figure I can gift a hardcover book to friends or family who prefer print.

ETA: One nice thing is you can get more than one book with the redemption code. It will cover multiple books so long as your cart total is $30 or less.

Last edited by library addict; 04-18-2019 at 07:22 PM.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 01:31 PM   #2017
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
FREE:

Araneae Nation: The Complete Collection - Hailey Edwards

-Paranormal Romance/Fantasy Romance
-Previously published by Samhain (see below for info.)

Amazon US---Amazon UK---Amazon Canada---Amazon Australia

Includes:

A Heart of Ice - Book #0.5, 2014, 68 pages
A Hint of Frost - Book #1, Samhain, 2012, 256 pages
A Feast of Souls - Book #2, Samhain, 2012, 340 pages
A Cast of Shadows - Book #2.5, Samhain, 2013, 110 pages
A Time of Dying - Book #3, Samhain, 2013, 291 pages
A Kiss of Venom - Book #3.5, 2014, 102 pages
A Breath of Winter - Book #4, Samhain, 2013, 271 pages
A Veil of Secrets - Book #5, Samhain, 2014, 218 pages
A Solstice of Mischief - (an extra for book #5), 2017, 15 pages
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 01:48 PM   #2018
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

FREE:

Daughters of Askara: The Complete Collection - Hailey Edwards

Includes:

Everlong, Book #1, Samhain, 2010, 224 pages
Evermine, Book #2, Samhain, 2012, 256 pages
Eversworn, Book #3, Samhain, 2012, 222 pages
Old 04-18-2019, 05:50 PM   #2019
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Getting Schooled (Getting Some #1) by Emma Chase - $0.99
Spoiler:
Head of the class...

Garrett Daniels has this whole life thing figured out.

The cocky, charismatic former high school star quarterback is an idolized football coach and "cool" teacher in the hometown where he's not just a golden boy — he's platinum. He has good friends, a great house on the lake, and the best damn sidekick a man could ask for: Snoopy, the albino beagle.

Then...Callie Carpenter comes home.

And knocks him right on his tight end zone.

Back to school...

Callie has a pretty sweet life herself...on the other side of the country. But circumstances — that she'd prefer to never speak of again — have brought her back home, helping out her parents and substitute teaching at her old high school.

Now she's facing bickering, raging hormones, constant gossip, awkward weirdness, and drama galore...and that's just the teachers.

Just like old times...

When Garrett offers to show his former high school sweetheart the secrets of his winning teacher ways, Callie jumps at the chance - and then has to stop herself from jumping him.

Good friends are all they can ever be.

Or...these teachers just might end up getting schooled — hard —by love.

Kindle
For those of you that don't use a Kindle or any of the Amazon apps, this price is also available on Apple iBooks (Amazon price matched it).
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 05:57 PM   #2020
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg3 View Post
FREE:

Araneae Nation: The Complete Collection - Hailey Edwards

I remember reading the first book of this series way back when. It's got some pretty unique world building as I recall with various clans that have some characteristics in common with spiders (NOT insectoid bodies, just the ability to weave silk, shoot venom, etc.). Never did read the other books, but I adore this author's Beginner's Guide to Necromancy series, so maybe I'll go back and give this another try.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 11:34 PM   #2021
kg3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
I remember reading the first book of this series way back when. It's got some pretty unique world building as I recall with various clans that have some characteristics in common with spiders (NOT insectoid bodies, just the ability to weave silk, shoot venom, etc.). Never did read the other books, but I adore this author's Beginner's Guide to Necromancy series, so maybe I'll go back and give this another try.
Thanks for the info!
I haven't read any of the series but it sounds especially intriguing based on what you said &
I'll also have to check out the Necromancy series based on your loving it!
Old 04-19-2019, 09:21 PM   #2022
apesmom
Wizard

B&N has a BOGO deal until 4/30 for a select group of authors.
Old 04-21-2019, 01:02 PM   #2023
zelda.owns.link
Evangelist
zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
Someone to Love by Mary Balogh. $1.99 USD on Amazon.

New York Times bestselling author Mary Blaogh presents the first historical romance in the Westcott series, where the death of an earl reveals a most scandalous secret.

Humphrey Westcott, Earl of Riverdale, has died, leaving behind a fortune that will forever alter the lives of everyone in his family—including the daughter no one knew he had...

Anna Snow grew up in an orphanage in Bath knowing nothing of the family she came from. Now she discovers that the late Earl of Riverdale was her father and that she has inherited his fortune. She is also overjoyed to learn she has siblings. However, they want nothing to do with her or her attempts to share her new wealth. But the new earl’s guardian is interested in Anna…

Avery Archer, Duke of Netherby, keeps others at a distance. Yet something prompts him to aid Anna in her transition from orphan to lady. As London society and her newfound relatives threaten to overwhelm Anna, Avery steps in to rescue her and finds himself vulnerable to feelings and desires he has hidden so well and for so long.
zelda.owns.link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 10:37 PM   #2024
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Weekly Report:

Read:
  • The Legacy (Hotel Marchand #12) by Shirley Jump (F/1 star)
  • A Touch of Magic by Carla Neggers (B/4 stars)
  • Delinquent Desire by Carla Neggers (B-/3 stars)

I'm also doing a novellas-only reread of the Psy/Changeling series.

Purchased:
none

Last edited by library addict; 04-21-2019 at 10:39 PM.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 11:28 AM   #2025
apesmom
Wizard

This one's going to knock a couple off my wish list!

Flashpoint Series Collection by Rachel Grant - $0.99
Includes all 3 novels + 1 Novella in the series!
Kindle