Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-06-2013, 06:18 PM   #1
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Fonts and font families

Hallo @ all,

as far as I know there are two different types of fonts available, either you have one file containing regular, bold, italics and possible other versions in one file (like most of what you get with your PC) and other fonts coming as a file family with one file for each style (e.g. PNM Caecilia).

Now I'd like to install the Caecila on my Pocketbook reader but it only accepts single file font types. Is there a way to merge the different styles in one file?
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
Hallo @ all,

as far as I know there are two different types of fonts available, either you have one file containing regular, bold, italics and possible other versions in one file (like most of what you get with your PC) and other fonts coming as a file family with one file for each style (e.g. PNM Caecilia).

Now I'd like to install the Caecila on my Pocketbook reader but it only accepts single file font types. Is there a way to merge the different styles in one file?
You have been misinformed. Open the Fonts folder on your PC.
You will typically see 4 (font) files:
Regular(may be just the family name)
Italic
Bold
Bold Italic
The appropriate @font<-> font-weight,font-style pair; needs to match the assignment
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2013, 07:32 PM   #3
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Ok, but how can I make my reader accept other fonts, any idea?

Found out I can rename the font I like by an existing font, but that was not what I had in mind

Last edited by troll05; 05-06-2013 at 07:37 PM.
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:53 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
Ok, but how can I make my reader accept other fonts, any idea?

Found out I can rename the font I like by an existing font, but that was not what I had in mind
Every reader is different. Every format has different rules.

I embed them into the EPUB book (just did one with 6 font files, 3 faces)

Ask in a forum devoted to your brand/model
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote