Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-07-2024, 09:40 AM   #106
andraz
andraz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Everything seems normal, it works as before, maybe even better when I updated this extension to version 0.4. Not sure why some mention incompatibility of the screensaver hack with later FW versions.
andraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 04:23 PM   #107
Kuhno92
Kuhno92 began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
New fork for PW2

I've created a new version of the onlinescreensaver extension which works on the PW2. The original version had a problem, because the PW2 does a different hibernation technique, which stops the kernel from waking up after going to sleep.
For non PW2 users, this version should not have any benefits.

Im happy if someone wants to give it a try (and some feedback)

https://github.com/Kuhno92/onlinescreensaverPW2
Kuhno92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 11:46 AM   #108
eep
eep began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhno92 View Post
I've created a new version of the onlinescreensaver extension which works on the PW2. The original version had a problem, because the PW2 does a different hibernation technique, which stops the kernel from waking up after going to sleep.
For non PW2 users, this version should not have any benefits.

Im happy if someone wants to give it a try (and some feedback)

https://github.com/Kuhno92/onlinescreensaverPW2
Registered just to say thank you! This is the first version I've ever gotten to work on my Kindle 10 on FW 5.16.2.1.1
eep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 08:16 AM   #109
TomAnks
TomAnks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 7th Generation
I wonder if anyone can assist with the strange behaviour that has started happening with this add-on for my Kindle 7th Generation.

I am using onlinescreensaver with the Home Assistant Lovelace Kindle Screensaver to show a dashboard on my Kindle's lockscreen.

The add-on was working perfectly until I recently moved home. I set up my ISP's router with the same SSID and password as before, the Kindle connected, started refreshing, but then after a few hours it stops updating and just remains on one of the previous screens. I have a timestamp at the bottom of the screensaver, so I can tell it stops updating after about 4-6 hours.

Does anyone know what might be causing this? It was working perfectly before, the only thing I changed was moving home.
TomAnks is offline   Reply With Quote